Chapter Fifty-Two

Autumn (Mama) POV:

Finally, it's the weekend. Mina doesn't have to come into work with me and we can chill out at home in bed. Ella and I are planning on having a movie day today.

Just a day full of Disney movies, junk food, and relaxation. Mina needs it after the all the trauma she went through after seeing her birth mother again.

Sighing contently, I turn over in bed and pull my wife closer to my body. She grumbles at being moved in her sleep, but snuggles up to me nevertheless.

It's still a tad bit early to be awake. Mina is still asleep in her bed. Checking on the baby monitor, I see Clifford in her crib again. Rolling my eyes, I watch her angelic face while the cat makes biscuits right beside her.

"The chef is hard at work." Ella states sleepily, startling me.

Chuckling, I turn the baby monitor so she can see better. The cats actions have Mina starting to wake. She turns over on her back and stretches her arms over her head, yawning.

I give her ten minutes before she starts yelling for Ella and I. I say ten minutes because the cat will keep her entertained for a while. Those two are inseparable.

"He deserves a raise. I mean, look at him." I point to the screen where Clifford is kneading the blankets with his claws. Quite like a baker would knead bread. Hence, the chef title.

Mina sits up in her crib, looking like an angelic demon with the way her hair is twisted around her face and a line of dried drool is sticking to her face.

Her gray eyes turn towards the cat and she reaches over, giving him a little pat on the head.

She babbles to him for a while about her dreams. He sits back on his fat rump and looks to be actually listening to her words. His head tilts to the side every now and then, until he finally stands up.

The fat boy jumps out of the crib, landing gracefully on the floor. He trots out of the room, his fat tummy ouch swinging with each of his steps, leaving Mina pouting in his wake. Guess he got tired of listening to Mina talk.

Not a second layer and she's calling for Ella and I. It took her eight minutes and thirty-seven seconds. I started a stopwatch on my phone as soon as her eyes opened.

"We're coming, sweetheart. Hold on." Ella mumbles into the monitor after turning on the microphone.

Mina bounces on her butt in excitement, clapping her hands. She knows it's the weekend and she'll get her mommy's all to herself.

Ella gets out of bed first, walking into the bathroom while I head to the closet to put some shorts on. My wife returns a few minutes later with her hair and teeth brushed.

We walk together hand in hand towards the nursery where we find Mina standing up in her crib, gripping the rails.

"You know you're not supposed to stand in your bed, sunshine." I gently admonish.

The last thing we need is her falling out of there. It's already happened once and she cried for an hour. Admittedly, she was in a younger headspace when it happened, but still. We don't need a repeat of that mistake.

Mina just smiles, plopping down on her bum. Ella steps forwards and grabs her out while I pick some pajamas for her to wear. She went to bed last night only wearing a diaper.

Rows and rows of nightgowns line a shelf in her overcrowded closet. I pick out a pink one with princesses on it, grabbing a diaper out of the box while I'm in here.

Ella already has Mina on the changing table when I walk back into the room. She's changing her diaper while humming a soft song. The woman's in her element. She loves being Mina's Mommy.