Chapter Forty-Two

Autumn (Mama) POV:

"Good morning, beautiful." I whisper to the small body laying beside mine. Mina rolls over onto her stomach and looks for Ella's body heat. My wife is already up and getting ready for work. Something I should be doing too, but an extra twenty minutes of sleep does make a difference.

"You ready to go back to work today? Mommy even printed out ABC work sheets for you, so you can learn how to trace your letters." Recently, Mina's taken an interest in learning how to spell. She didn't have much of an education growing up, so I've taken the initiative to work with her on her reading and writing.

We could find her a tutor, but that's not something she's interested in. I think she's embarrassed about her lack of education. She's not comfortable with a tutor. Mina wants her Mommy and Mama to teach her, something I'm totally okay with. Today's the first day we're trying out these worksheets and I'm hoping she likes them.

"I don't wanna get uppies." Mina whines into the pillowcase. My little princess is not a morning person.

Reaching over, I rub the soft skin on her back to hopefully start waking her up. She took off her onesie sometime during the night to do skin to skin with Ella and I. It was the only way to calm her after she had a nightmare.

"Up you go, sunshine. Let's change that nasty diapee off of you." Tossing the heavy comforter off my body, I pull Mina out of bed. It's hard because she's all floppy and not wanting to cooperate.

"You're so hard headed sometimes." I groan as I carry her into the nursery. I'm quick to lay her on the changing table and begin cleaning her up. Mina is no help right now. She's still on vacation time I guess.

"Do you want blue frozen shirt or yellow sunny shirt?" I ask while rummaging around in her dresser. Mina grunts in response, so I pick out one of her new dresses. It's a frilly, forest green color. Surprisingly, she pulls off the color fairly well.

Mina whines the whole time I'm dressing her. She eventually stops when I pick her up and walk downstairs to feed Clifford. Our fat cat is sitting on his rump by his food bowl, meowing loudly in annoyance. My eyes roll into the back of my head as I scoop up some food for him. It's kinda hard while holding Mina in one arm, but I manage.

I need to get some breakfast ready for the three of us in the meantime. There isn't time to cook anything, so I pop some frozen breakfast sandwiches in the microwave. I'll have to set Mina down so I can cut up our fruit, though.

"Do you want to lay in your swing for a little bit, sunshine?" I question. Of course I get no answer. She's too out of it to speak. Making the choice for her, I walk into the living room and buckle her into the swing. Once a soft blanket is covering her legs, I head back to the kitchen to chop up fruit.

Ella joins me fifteen minutes later while I'm cleaning up. She places a soft kiss on my lips and steals a grape from my cutting board. "I have to get going. Lunch bags are in the fridge. See you two tonight." Ella states.

With one last departing kiss, she leaves and the sound of her car reversing out of the garage echos behind her. I use the opportunity to check in on Mina. She's barely awake, but content. I take that opportunity to rush upstairs and get myself ready.

As soon as I'm dressed, makeup on, and hair done, it's time to leave the house. Grabbing my car keys, diaper bag, and lunch bag, I load up the car and head back to load Mina up. She sobs pitifully while I buckle her into her seat.

Poor thing is just exhausted. I brush her blonde hair away from her face and press a kiss to her forehead. "It's so hard to get up and moving after a vacation. Isn't it?" I coo softly. There's no reason for me to get upset with her. It's clear that she's already feeling emotional. Yelling and getting upset wouldn't help the situation at all.

She nods pitifully while sniffling. "Do you want your paci?" I offer. Normally, the paci is a soother we save for naps and bedtime, but it's clear she needs it now. Mina once again nods and I rush into the house to grab the pacifier.

Mina takes it from my hands when I offer it to her and leans back in her carseat with her eyes closed. She'll be asleep again before we even pull out of the garage. I check to make sure the house is secure, then hop into the drivers seat. The only thing I'm not sure about is taking the pacifier from her once we're at the office.

I can tell she's feeling particularly little today and I'm scared about how my coworkers are going to react. They've already caught on to how much younger she acts compared to how she looks. They haven't said anything to me about it. I just see the looks they give her.

A weary sigh exits my body and I turn into my designated parking spot. Mina is no help when I try to carry her inside the building. All she's doing is drooling on my shoulder and snoring softly. She was dead asleep when I pulled the pacifier out of her mouth, though. I'll call that a win. "There you go." I whisper once I'm in my office. I place Mina on the couch and cover her with a throw blanket.

***

By the time lunch time rolls around, Mina's finally starting to wake up. She rolls onto her stomach and rubs her eyes. "Look who's finally waking up." Mina opens her eyes and looks towards the sound of my voice. A cute, little smile works it's way onto her face and she whispers, "Mama."

"Good morning. Or should I say afternoon?" I chuckle and push my chair away from my desk. Mina takes that opportunity to make her way onto my lap. She climbs her way on up and tugs on my blouse.

"Are you thirsty? You didn't eat breakfast." My voice is soft and quiet. Mina has to be hungry, considering this girl eats more than Ella and I combined. She's always hungry. I don't mind it, though. Mina was deprived from food and still had some weight to put on because of it.

"I just wan' your boobie." Mina stares at my breast as she speaks, making me laugh. "Okay, you can have some milk, but then you're going to have some real food." I concede.

A little wiggle of excitement overtakes my girls body and she nods in agreement. "Go lock the door, sunshine." I tell her. Mina hops out of my lap and sprints towards the door, flipping the lock. She comes back to me and instantly starts pulling on my blouse.

I gently push her hands away and unbutton myself halfway. Just enough for my nursing bra to be unclipped. Mina doesn't seem to mind. As soon as I unlatch my bra, she wraps her lips around my breast and drinks for all she's worth. Her body is a welcome weight on top of mine. It's like a heated and weighted blanket all at once.

Her tiny fingers reach up and play with my chin while she drinks rather loudly. Meanwhile, I push my chair closer to my desk and continue on with my work. It's tedious and boring, but it pays the bills.

Halfway through a document I'm reading, Mina points to my phone and grunts. "What's up, love? Use your words."

"Mommy..." Mina whines. Oh, that's right. She didn't get to see or talk to Ella this morning before she left for work. "Do you want to FaceTime Mommy? She might not answer because she's busy."

Mina nods, making her pull on my breast. I wince and reach forward to grab my phone. Swiping through my contacts, I tap Ella's name, then hit FaceTime. Surprisingly, Ella answers on the third ring. By the looks of it, she's sitting in the break room.

"Mommy!" Mina squeals around my breast. A beautiful smile overtakes my wife's face and she waves. "Hello, my beautiful girls. What are you ladies up to?"

"I'm drinkin' Mama milk." Mina mutters while staring at my phone out of the sides of her eyes. "I see. Is it good?"

"Yup." Mina gives her Mommy a thumbs up, making me laugh in return. "How about you, babe? What are you up to?"

"Ya know. This and that." My shoulders shrug while I unlatch Mina and move her over to my other breast. Ella seems to be enjoying the view from where my phone is propped up on my desk. I smirk at her and clip my bra back on my now vacated breast.

Mina and I chit chat with Ella until she has to go. The phone beeps three times when it's hung up, making my baby girl pout. "Don't worry, sunshine. We'll see her after work." I reassure before a fit can break out.