Chapter Fourteen

Ella POV:

It's been a week since we had to take Mina to the hospital. She's seriously improved and is actually up playing today. We're currently in the playroom, watching Mina crawl around chasing bubbles that Autumn has blown.

She's giggling for the first time in a while and I know there's a wide smile on my face from watching her.

"Gain! 'Gain!" My baby screeches when Autumn isn't quick enough to blow the bubbles.

"Okay, slow your roll, sunshine." Autumn jokes as she blows into the giant bubble wand.

More bubbles come out of the wand and I watch with a happy smile as Mina bounces up and down on her bum. She reaches up to pop them, then giggles when they touch her skin.

"Is that funny, baby girl?" I coo, pulling out my phone to take a video.

"Yea, Mommy!" Mina replies happily.

I give her a big smile, but the moment is interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"I got it." I tell Autumn as I stand up.

Mina makes grabby hands at me, so I lift her up, settling her on my hip. The doorbell rings again as I'm making my way over to it and I whisper under my breath, "Yeah, yeah. Hold on a second."

When I look through the peephole, I about die right there on the spot. My parents, along with Autumn's parents, are standing right there on our doorstep holding gifts and overnight bags.

I'm pretty sure they figured out we finally found our little girl when we weren't returning their calls. They know about our lifestyle and we're a bit hesitant at first, but quickly warmed up to the idea after some research.

"Our parents are here." I bellow loud enough that my wife can hear me.

Her answering groan makes me chuckle as I pull open the door and put on my best smile.

"Hey, Mom and Dad." I tell the four of them.

Autumn's parents have insisted I call them Mom and Dad ever since Autumn and I got married.

Autumn's father, Caspian, pushes my face away and takes the little girl out of my arms. "We aren't here for you, woman. Give me my grandbaby." He says as Mina stares up at him with wide eyes.

Alrighty then, I guess I'm just chopped liver.

"You can call me Pop pop. Nobody else gets to call me that, so it's a very special name." Caspian winks at Mina, all the while I'm waiting for her to start freaking out.

My baby doesn't really like strangers and she's very wary of them, but it seems like she loves Autumn's father. She screeches happily and bounces in his arms. Caspian laughs and bops her nose.

"Can you say Pop pop?" He prods as he walks straight past me inside my house.

"Pop pop!" Mina squeals as he plops his self down on the couch, settling Mina on his lap.

The three other adults standing in the doorway move to follow him. Autumn who's been watching all of this from the hall, rolls her eyes and blows me a kiss.

"They stole my baby." I whisper to her with a pout.

"I knew it was going to happen." She whispers right back with a shrug of her shoulders.

I chuckle and walk to the living room to see what's going on. My Mom currently has Mina sitting on her lap and she's tickling her skinny belly. Mina's laughter echos through the house and I can't help but smile.