Chapter Four

I stand in the kitchen cutting up an assortment of fruit, when Ella comes in carrying Mina. She's chatting with the small girl about colors and other unimportant things.

"Kitty?" Mina asks after a minute.

"He's probably hiding. We have to be quiet or he won't come out. Clifford is really shy." I say after placing a grape in my mouth.

Mina starts to pout, but perks up when Ella offers her some fruit. My wife grabs a bowl, places some of the cut up fruit in it, then sets Mina down on the counter. We don't have a highchair yet, so this will have to do for now.

"Here you go, sweetheart. Eat up." Ella says, placing the bowl down on the counter next to Mina.

We watch as she grabs a handful and stuffs it in her mouth. This is how Mina eats. She doesn't know how to pace herself, often afraid that we're going to take away her food.

My wife and I don't fight her on it. We just let her eat until she's full. Mina will eventually learn that we're not going to take her food and then she'll start to eat slower.

"Is that good, babygirl?" I ask as I stuff a price of honeydew in my mouth.

"Mhm." Mina replies with a mouthful of food.

Ella chuckles and leans forward to place a brief kiss on my lips. I accept it and then back up before she can deepen it. Mina doesn't need to see all of that. It's going to be while before we can have some adult time to ourselves.

I suspect that even though Mina has her own room, she'll end up in our bed more often than not. She's clingy right now and I can't blame her.

"After you're done with your fruit we have to finish the house tour." Ella tells Mina softly.

"Okay, Ewwa."

My wife's eyes soften at the way Mina pronounces her name. It's adorable to hear and I can't help but feel the same way.

Mina finishes up her fruit and holds her sticky fingers out to me. Ella walks off to grab a wet wipe and I pick Mina up, careful to keep her sticky hands away from my face and clothes.

My wife comes back with a wet wipe and Mina giggles as Ella cleans off her fingers. She kisses each one when they're cleaned, then kisses both her palms when they're done being wiped.

"All done!" Ella exclaims, tossing the wipe in our trash can under the sink.

"Yayyy!" Mina says as she claps her hands.

"Let's go finish that house your. You have a pretty room waiting for you." I say as I carry Mina up the stairs.

We come to a long hallway that has doors on each side. Directly in front of us is a floor to ceiling window with a decorative table sitting front of it, more plants on it and beside it.

Taking a left, I guide Ella and Mina to the master bedroom. Of course Ella already knows where it is, but I want to make sure Mina knows where our room is.

"This is Ella and I's room. If you ever need anything at night, we're in here."

The walls are painted a deep brown with white trim at the top and bottom of the walls. Instead of hardwood flooring like the rest of the house, there's tan carpet.

Our four poster bed sits in the middle of the room, directly in front of the door. The bedding is a deep green and the posters of the bed are designed to look like they have vines creeping up them.

The wall behind the bed is dark brick. A long photo of my wife and I rests on it. It was the day Ella purposed to me. She's down on one knee and I'm smiling largely with my hands cupped in front of my mouth.