Chapter Nine

Autumn POV:

I watch my wife as she gently slides her pointer finger into Mina's mouth to break her latch. Mina whines at the loss of contact, her mouth automatically opening back up in search of Ella's nipple.

Ella tells me to move closer, then gently rolls Mina into my chest. Since my wife is the doctor and I'm not, I let her show me how to get Mina latched on.

"Gently grab your breast and guide your nipple to her lips. Rub it across the seam, and she should latch on. It'll be a tad bit painful at first, but you'll get used to it."

I nod and do as she says. Mina instantly latches onto my breast when I rubbed my light pink nipple over her lips. She suckles strongly and I wince. Ella has a higher pain tolerance than me, so I experience pain differently than her.

Still, it doesn't take away from the beauty of this moment. Mina nestles her face against my breast as she suckles, her hand coming up to rest against the upper swell of my chest.

My eyes get blurry with tears and I let them fall. I've wanted this for so long and I've finally got it.

"There you go, sunshine. Soon, there'll be milky for you to drink." I whisper sentimentally as I stroke the dirty blonde strands of Mina's hair away from her face.

Ella leans over and takes a picture of Mina dry nursing, making it her Home Screen. She won't post it, because it's against Mina's hard limits, but she did say we're allowed to take them. Take not share.

We lay in silence for a little bit longer until Mina's eyes begin to flutter. She opens them and gray eyes meet my blue ones.

"Hello there, sunshine." I whisper.

I was expecting Mina to immediately pull away from my breast, but she just moves closer.

"Hai, Mama." She says around my nipple.

My heart warms when she once again calls me Mama. I have a feeling it'll never get old. I'll never tire of hearing that one simple word.

"Ilk?" Mina asks, pressing on my breast and grunting when none comes out.

"There's none in there right now, sunshine. We have to wait a little bit longer."

Ella and I had a long discussion about how we would both nurse our future little. We agreed that Ella would nurse in the mornings, I would nurse during the evenings, and we would switch off for snacks.

It ensures that we both have the same amount of time with our girl. Nursing is a special bond and I'm anxious for my milk to come in.

"Mommy 'ilk?" Mina asks, looking at Ella from the side of her eyes.

"Sorry, sweetheart. I don't have any yet, either. Do you want some milky in a baba?"

Mina's eyes begin to water, but she doesn't let go of my breast. Ella told me that dry nursing should help with lactation, so I don't bother unlatching her. We have all the time in the world right now.

"Wan Mommy." Mina whines.

I chuckle and say, "You have me. I'm not going anywhere."

"Otay." Mina nods, satisfied with my answer.

The action pulls on my nipple and I try my best to hide my wince. Mina has a big heart and it would make her highly upset to see me wince because of her. Especially because she seems to be in a lower headspace right now.

Mina seems to be around two. Her words aren't as clear and she's very clingy right now.

"What are you doing for dinner tonight?" I ask Ella.