Chapter Thirty-Four

Mina POV:

Mama holds her arms out towards me as I stand by the pool. She's floating around in the water, waiting for me to jump in. Wren and his Daddy are swimming side by side. I'm a little bit jealous that my friend can swim like a fishy and I can't.

I'm still not that good at swimming. Mommy makes me wear a life jacket so I don't go under. It makes me look like a pink marshmallow.

"You can do it, sunshine! Jump!" Mama encourages with a big smile. I squat down beside the pool, my toes hanging over the ledge. Mama is closer like this.

"I got you. I won't let you go under." Mama makes grabby hands at me while Wren and Mr.Noah cheer me on. Finally, I jump. My face scrunches up and I close my eyes so I don't get any water in them.

Soft hands grab me under my armpits as Mama hauls me up to her chest. "Good job! Wasn't that fun?"

I nod my head really quickly and clap my hands. I'm gonna jump again and again. "Here. Up you go." Mama puts me back on ledge. This time, I round the pool to where Mommy's floating in the deep end.

She waves at me and lifts her sunglasses up to her hair. "Are you going to jump on me?"

"Yes!" I nod and do a little wiggle. My swim diaper is soaking wet, causing my bathing suit bottoms to sag a little bit. Mama dressed me in the cutest two piece bathing suit. It has a rainbow on it with ruffles on the butt.

"I'll catch you." Mommy holds her hands out like Mama did and catches me when I jump in.

Mr.Noah swims over to the two of us with Wren riding on his back. "Do you want me to throw you like I throw Wren?" He offers.

I'm not so sure about that one. Mr.Noah will lift Wren up and toss him high into the air so he lands hard in the water. Wren always laughs when that happens, but it looks like it could give me an owie.

"Uhhh. I dunno." I shrug and cling to Mommy. She presses a kissy to my head and swipes some of my wet hair out of my eyes.

"Just let me know if you want me to." Mr.Noah swims off with Wren kicking his legs behind them in the water. I wanna ride on Mommy's back like that.

With my bottom lip poked out, I point towards Wren in question. "You want to swim on Mommy like that?"

I nod happily, proud because she understood what I was asking without words. Mommy pulls me up onto her back and I wrap my legs around her hips. She takes off in a quick swim, making me laugh.

"Mommy's a fishy, huh?" Mama asks while she applies more sunscreen to her body. Mommy told me that Mama doesn't tan, she burns. Something to do with having red hair and light skin. Whatever that means.

"You two should get more sunscreen on too. Don't want your sensitive skin to burn." Mr.Noah suggests.

Wren pouts, but hops off of his Daddy's back. Mommy follows, pulling me out of the water. She dries off my skin with my pink towel and lays me out on a lounge chair to get a little bit more dry before she puts more of that nasty sticky stuff on me.

"Do you have any more swim diapers? I only had one in my bag and Wren already went in his." Mr.Noah says as he pulls off Wren's swim trunks.

"You can see if Mina's will fit Wren. I doubt it, though. She can actually fit in store bought swim diapers. I'm pretty sure you buy yours online from a specialty shop." Mama states as she throws Mr.Noah one of my pink swim diapers.

He looks at it and shakes his head saying, "Yeah, this isn't going to work. It's way too small for my Wren," He pauses and turns to my friend asking, "If I don't put a diapee on you, are you going to pee in the pool?"