Chapter Forty-Three

Autumn (Mama) POV:

By the time I log out of my computer and clock out, Mina is ready to go home. She misses Ella and it's been a long day at work. My poor baby is sobbing her heart out on my office floor, refusing to be picked up by me. "Sunshine? We're going home to see Mommy now. I need you to stand up and hold my hand so we can go." I coo softly.

Mina's having none of that, though. She flops herself down dramatically and rubs her eyes. "Okay, baby. Let's go." Hefting my purse up on my shoulder, I lift Mina, and carry her down to the car. Getting her strapped in her car seat is another challenge within itself. Mina is fighting me tooth and nail. I know the poor thing is tired and is wanting her Mommy, but she's never acted like this before.

Finally after several minutes of struggling, I get Mina strapped in and begin the drive home. Mina's cries slow and eventually stop during the car ride. I take a look in the rear view mirror and see her passed out. It's not the most convenient time, but what do I expect after the first day back from a long vacation?

Twenty minutes later, we arrive home and Ella greets us at the door. Mina's asleep in my arms when I pass her over to my wife. "Why is her face wet? Was she crying?" Ella asks while setting Mina in her swing. A little whimper escapes my little girls lips when she's set down, making the both of us hold our breaths in anticipation. When she doesn't wake up, we release our joint held breaths.

"She was having a hard afternoon. Mina misses you during the day and is having a hard time adjusting back to being at home. Give it a little bit more time." I tell Ella as we move to the kitchen to get dinner started. I perch on a barstool while watching Ella bustle around the kitchen. She grabs a pot, pan, and the ingredients to make spaghetti.

"I hate being away from her during the day, but we both need to work. Plus, being a stay-at-home Mom has never been in the plans. That doesn't make it hurt any less, though." Ella whispers. Her shoulders raise up in a defensive motion, like she thinks I'm going to argue with her. Why would I argue with my wife over this? Mina is fine coming to the office with me. She just needs some extra love at the end of the day from her Mommy. That's it.

"I'm not asking you to quit your job to stay with her, babe. We both need to work as you said. She just needs some extra love from you at night." Right as I finish speaking, Mina decides it's time to wake up. She releases a ear piercing cry, making us both rush into the room.

I let Ella take the lead with this one, stepping back to let her grab Mina. Our little girl clings to her Mommy for dear life. "Look who's awake. My little girl woke up. Did you have a good day today, sweetheart?"

Mina lays her head down on Ella's shoulder and shakes her head, slipping her thumb in her mouth. "Tell Mommy what made you so sad today. We're you sad because you missed me?" She inquires in a sweet voice while sitting down on one of our armchairs. Mina straddles her lap and lays her head back down on her chest.

"I wanna gu to work wif you." My baby whines in the sweetest voice. She nuzzles into Ella's breast as she plays with the edge of her scrub top.

"I know, baby. But you can't. Mama's work is different than Mommy's. She has an office to bring you into, and I don't. There's icky germs all around and nasty blood. It's no fun there. Mommy wouldn't even have the time to give you milkies."

Mina gasps dramatically at that. Ella nods with wide eyes and continues saying, "Yeah, I know. It's more fun at Mama's office. She can give you milky anytime you want. Your toys are there and your new worksheets. You'll just have extra Mommy time when you get home. How about that?"

The tiny figure sitting on my wife's lap debates those words for a while, until finally she gives a small nod. "Do you want some milky before dinner?" Ella offers. Mina doesn't waste anymore time. She lifts up Ella's shirt and pushes her bra out of the way, latching onto her breast.

Ella laughs at the speed Mina got to her breast while patting her diaper-covered butt. "Can you change her after she's done?" Ella asks me. I nod and sit down on the couch, kicking off my heels. They're so pretty, but so painful. Whoever said beauty is pain was right.

***

As I should've guessed, Mina fell asleep while drinking her fill of milk. Ella and I ended up having a quiet dinner together. We tried waking Mina so she could join us, but our baby is out for the count. Sighing loudly, I place the last dirty plate in the dishwasher, and shut the water off.

Ella is upstairs taking a shower while I finished the dishes. Mina's curled up on the couch, snoring softly. Clifford is even partaking in the nap. His fat, orange body is laying on top of Mina. He loves her and always finds a way to sleep next to her.

I walk on quiet feet towards the pair and snap a picture of the two. Goodness, they're just adorable together. Too bad I have to move the fat cat to get Mina upstairs. She still needs her diaper changed and a bath. I'm hopeful that I can just plop her in the shower with Ella.

"Up you go, Clifford. You can sleep with her in her crib tonight." I shoo him off of my baby and laugh when he gives me his evil eyes. Fat cat didn't want to move. We should've named him Garfield, but that's a little too cliché.

"Mama?" Mina whispers drowsily when I pull her into my arms. I turn my head to give her a kiss, then start climbing the stairs. "Do you want to take a shower with Mommy? She should still be in there."

"Nu. I wanna sweep." She cries, rubbing her eyes with tiny closed fists. Poor thing is just exhausted. I might decide to skip the shower tonight. She can take one in the morning. Humming a soft song, I lay Mina down on her changing table, and remove her clothes. Her cries stop when I hum the tune to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Gray eyes meet my own as she puts a thumb in her mouth. Mina must like my humming as it instantly calmed her. That's good to know. "There you go, angel. You can take a shower in the morning. Just let me change that stinky bum."

My humming starts up again and Mina's eyelids slowly start to droop. There's a drawer under her changing table that has a couple pacifiers. Grabbing one, I switch it out for the thumb in her mouth. My sunshine suckles on the silicone while I finish her diaper change, forgoing the pajamas. She's fine sleeping in just a diaper, and I don't feel like struggling to get some jammies on her.

"All fresh and clean. You can come and lay down in Mommies bed for a while." By the time I have Mina settled in my bed, Ella comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. I stop in my tracks, eyeing the droplets of water streaming down her skin. All I can think about is licking each one. Too bad I promised Mina some time in our bed tonight.

Ella clicks her tongue when she notices my lingering eyes, shaking her pointer finger at me. "Not tonight. I just want to cuddle with my wife and baby."

"Sounds like a plan to me. I'm going change into some pajamas." I jerk my thumb towards the closet and hurry into a tank top and clean underwear. Ella chooses a long shirt with some booty shorts that make her ass look smackable. Unable to resist, I sneak up behind her and lay a hard smack on her right ass cheek.

Ella jumps and smothers her yelp just in time before it wakes Mina. She whirls on me and pushes me back up against the wall. "You're going to pay for that later. The clamps are calling your name."

A wince forms on my face at my wife's words. The clamps are vicious, but worth it for that smack. I smirk and leave the closet, climbing into my side of the bed. Ella does the same and pulls Mina close to her chest. Our little girl nuzzles her face into Ella's breast and sighs contently. Yeah, she was just missing her Mommy.

We'll have to plan some special time for them this weekend. For now, we just have to get through the week, and I can tell it's going to be a long one.