Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mina POV:

Mama and Mommy had a hard time getting me home from the park. It was just so fun and I didn't wanna go home! The swings were my favorite and Mommy pushed me until she got too tired.

I was sad when we got home, but Mama promised me that we could go back soon. She even pinky promised on it. Which is the most serious kind of promise.

"Sunshine? Where are you?" Mama yells from down the hall. I'm hiding in the closet. She was trying to make me take some yucky medicine and I crawled away as fast as I could.

My hand goes over my mouth to stop my giggles when I hear Mama walk by. "Babe? Have you seen Mina?" Mama yells.

"No. I thought you had her." Mommy answers.

"She crawled away when I turned my back to get her medicine." Mama stomps away and I finally let my giggle out. She's never gonna find me. I'm too sneaky for her.

"Wait! Did you hear that?" Mommy asks. Her footsteps get closer and closer to where I'm hiding. I scrunch up my eyes really tight. If I can't see her, she can't see me.

The closet door opens and I bite my lip to keep from laughing. "I found a little wiggle worm in our closet." Mommy announces.

Her hands tickle me under my armpits, my eyes opening. "There's my pretty girl. You were being sneaky." Mommy says as she lifts me up in her arms.

I wrap my arms around her neck and press a kiss to her cheek as she carries me towards Mama. She's standing in the kitchen with her arms crossed over her boobies. Mama doesn't look too happy with me.

"Thank you." Mama states when Mommy passes me over to her.

There's a frown on my face when I look at Mama. She sets me down on the counter and puts her hands on both my cheeks. "You need to take your medicine, sunshine. The doctor said you could get sick again if you don't take it."

"It's my birthday and I don't wanna take it." I pout with a huff.

I'm currently the oldest I've been in my headspace. Seven or eight I'm guessing. That means I'm whiny, pouty, and not happy with having to take the yucky medicine.

"I had to take medicine on my birthday last year. Mama got really sick and the doctor gave me some medicine to make me feel better."

I don't believe Mama. She's lying to get me to take my medicine. "Don't ruin your birthday by making me discipline you, Mina. Do you want Mama to put your pill in some yogurt. You won't taste it that way."

"Yes, please."

Mommy walks over to the fridge, grabs some of my special yogurt, then puts some on a spoon. She hides my pill in the strawberry flavored yogurt and holds it up to my mouth. I open for her and she puts the spoon in.

I'm quick to swallow. I don't wanna taste that nasty pill. "There! Thank you for taking your medicine. Now, you get to pick what we're having for dinner. After we eat, there's a special surprise for you." Mommy announces.

My legs kick happily and a smile forms on my face. I love surprises! Only if they're good ones, though.

"Let's go see what's in the fridge." Mama comments as she lifts me up in her arms.

"I want pizza, Mama."

She turns her head towards me and tickles my belly saying, "Of course! We can get some pizzas. What do you want on yours?"

"Sausage, pepperoni, ham, and pineapple!"

"That is a weird combination. Who puts pineapple on pizza?" Mommy asks.