[ Chapter 53 : Declared War ]

Start from the beginning

I sit here as I look up at him and swallow the lump in my throat, I hardly can blame him, can I?, He loves his mom and I suppose I love Derek as my dad but if he goes, then he might die too. If I asked him to stay then that would make me sound selfish just to have him for myself.

I have to be with him to make sure he's safe.

" Don't cry " he put his hand on my face and use his thumb to wipe my tears.

I get up from the swing and he steps back a little.

" If your going then I'm going "

He shake his head.

" No " 

" Yes "

" You can't go "

" Why? " I asked and he stays silent gazing at me.

" Because I'm a girl?, I can fight "

" You have not seen what is war like! " He exclaim.

" It's magic fighting with magic!, I'm immune to magic! " I said and he turns away in disbelief.

" You don't think I'm capable " I said.

" I didn't say that " he turns to me and I scoff.

" What am I to you? " I asked.

" What kind of question is that? " He asked.

" We've been together for less than four months, you and I have been through so many things, have you forgotten that?! "

" No I haven't! " He said.

" Then why won't you let me?! "

" I love you! " He shouts.

" I love you too " more tears stream down my face.

" I know I'm going to lose my parents and I don't want to have a thought of loosing you too if you join " he said.

" We're adults, we can make our own decision but I don't want you to make that decision " he said.

" I lived in a village my entire life, I know what suffering is and how it feels to lose someone you love, I can't feel that again if your going too " I said.

" Then why join? " He asked.

" I can protect us, you trust me don't you? " I asked and walk up to him.

" I do, you can protect yourself from magic but what if you are mortally wounded?, We can't heal you with magic! "

" There are other methods of medicine!, You don't have to use magic all the time! " I said.

" Well it certainly not encouraging for you to go- " I hug him and wrap my arms around him tightly.

" Please!, Please!, Let me go with you! " I burst out crying.

" Please let me be with you!, I can't lose anymore people, I can't!, Not after Gia please!, I'm begging you not to leave me! " I just cry and hold him tighter.

" I can fight, I can protect you, just let me "

I feel his hand on my shoulder and I was startled so I grip his blazer tighter, I then felt a drip of water on my hand and few seconds later I felt more so I slowly pull apart and look up at him who's eyes are close and biting his own lip to silence himself with tears down his face.

" Laurence " I said.

He open his eyes and look down at taking a deep breath and hold my face before pulling me closer to him and rest his head on my shoulder, I feel his hand on the back of my head while the other is around my back. My body against him and he cries out more which overwhelmed me by hearing him cry.