Chapter Fourteen

Începe de la început

"Would you like to come with us to pick her up tomorrow?" He asks and I immediately nod. He smiles and we both look up when we see Cory walking towards us with a plate in his hand. He plops down on mr Drews lap and smiles at me. I smile back.

"Why don't you just come to Spencer's place with us tonight." Cory asks as he pops a grape into his mouth.

"I need to go home and make sure everything's okay." I say.

"Check on the house and pack some stuff and just come over. It's will be easier that way." Cory says and mr Drew agrees.

"Okay." I agree and they both smile at me.

"Yay sleep over!" Cory shouts and everyone looks towards us.

"I think it's time we take him home." I say. Mr Drew stands up with a wobbly Cory who's bouncing on his toes. Mr Drew grabs Cory's hand and locks their fingers together. Cory giggles as we start walking out.  I stop and let them know I need to say goodbye to Jesse.

Mr Drew says he'll meet me outside in the parking lot and I head off to find Jesse. I look all throughout the house and finally find her outside on the balcony. She smiles when she sees me.

"Hi sonny." She greets and hugs me.

"Hi Jesse." I hug her back. She pulls away from me with a drunken smile.

"I'm going to leave now, you going to be fine?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. Mosleys gonna stay with me." She points to the man sitting down opposite us. He nods and I return it.

"Are you sure?" I ask and she nods.

"Marla's going to stay as well." She say just as said women walks in and I sigh in relief. Marla's Jesse's best friend and I know she'll take care of Jesse. I kiss Jesse's head and say a quick good bye to them all before heading down to the parking lot.

As I reach the end of the parking lot I see mr Drew and Cory standing there.

"Sorry I took so long I had to make sure Jesse was okay." I say

"That's alright sweets." Cory says happily. He lets go of mr Drew and clings to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my chest.

"Warm." He mumbles as he closes his eyes.

"I'll drive. He's not letting go anytime soon." Mr Drew says as he stretches his hand out for the keys. Mr Drew and Cory came with the car service. I manage to pull the keys out of my pocket and hand them to him. Mr Drew unlocks the car and Cory and I hobble to the car. We get in and Cory latches onto me again.

"Straight to yours then Carson?" Mr Drew asks and I nod.

"Yes sir."

The ride to my place is quiet. The soft music from the radio plays in the back ground and Cory's fast asleep on my shoulder. I didn't realise how tired I was until  the first yawn hit me. I guess all the planning and running around really took it out of me. I give into the sleepy urge and lay my head on top of Cory's. This feels so right. I sigh and Cory snuggles closer to me. I close my eyes and don't even realise I've fallen asleep until I'm being gently shaken awake.

"Carson, b-, we're here." Mr Drew says and I blink sleepily. I yawn and stretch but stop when the weight on my arm shifts. I look down at Cory's sleepy form. He looks up at me with his one open eye and then closes it. Mr Drew laughs.

"Want me to check on the house for you?" Mr Drew asks and I nod sleepily.

"Give me your house keys please." I hand him the keys and he takes them before closing the car door. I dose of again snuggled up to Cory. I don't hear when mr Drew comes back nor when he starts the car and drives off.

When we reach mr Drew's apartment he wakes both Cory and myself and we both get out of the car. We get into the elevator and my eyes shut at the bright lights inside. Cory is leaning his head on my shoulder and in my sleepy haze I lean my head against mr Drew's chest. I feel him freeze but he relaxes almost immediately after. I feel his arm come around my waist and he pulls me closer against him. Cory's weight leaves my shoulder and with my barely opened eyes I see him leaning against mr Drew's chest opposite me.

The elevator dings open much sooner then I like and I pull away from mr Drew's warm chest and comforting hold. We all exit the elevator and what I did finally registers in my sleep muddled mind. My eyes widen and I look at mr Drew.

"I'm so sorry sir I didn't mean to lean against you like that. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable it wasn't-." Mr Drew cuts me of as he wraps his arm around me again.

"It's okay Carson. You didn't make me uncomfortable. On the contrary I was very comfortable holding you. I quite enjoyed it." He smirks and I shake my head to make sure I'm awake and not dreaming. Mr Drew's still smirking at me and I blush. Before anything else can be said Cory groans from the other side of mr Drew and looks at us both.

"To loud. Want to sleep." He groans as he starts tugging at mr Drew's coat.

"Okay love, let's get you to bed." Mr Drew smiles down at Cory and leads both of us upstairs. He doesn't let go of me and I don't mind.