Chapter Sixty-Two

Carson POV

When we got home, Spencer immediately calls his parents. To make sure Lizzy was okay and that Charlie hadn't tried to make contact with her. He hadn't to everyone's relief.

"They're coming over." Spencer says once he ends the call with his mother.

"How's Lizzy doing?" I ask and Spencer sighs as he sits down in between Cory and I.

"They haven't told her yet. They want her here before they can tell her." He says and I nod.

"Should I go? Lizzy never told me about this, maybe she doesn't want me to know." I ask and Spencer immediately shakes his head.

"She'll need a friend here." He says and I nod.

"Why don't you shower and change. I'll put the kettle to boil and make us some tea." Cory says to Spencer.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Thanks love." Spencer stands up and kisses the top of Cory's head.

"I'll help you in the kitchen sweetheart." I say and Cory hums in agreement as Spencer heads upstairs.

"Want me to put out some biscuits as well. Something sweet always helps, I think." I mumble as I take down all the biscuits in the cupboard.

"No harm in putting them out." He shrugs as he fills the kettle with water and sets it to boil. We take out mugs and saucers before taking them to the lounge. Cory places them on the coffee table. I place the unopened biscuit packets on the table as well. We bring the milk and sugar to the lounge.

"Let's go change sweetheart. Everything's set up and the waters still boiling." I say and he agrees and we head upstairs.

Once we've all changed, Spencer is showered and changed by the time Lizzy and their parents arrive. Lizzy smiles happily hugging us all in greeting.

"Hey guys, what's up? Mum said you needed to talk to me." She says as she plops down on the sofa, surveying the biscuits on the coffee table.

Spencer takes in a deep breath as we all sit down. The kettle clicks, in the kitchen, letting us know the waters done boiling. I stand up with Cory and we head into the kitchen.

"I don't think I can watch this." Cory whispers out, looking at the silver kettle in his hand.

"I can't watch her break down. I can't look at the anguish on Spencer's face again." Cory lets out a heavy breath and I pull him into my arms.

"It's going to be okay. But we need to be there for Spencer. This is a lot for him but if you don't feel up to it, you could wait in here. I'll take everything out to them." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"No, you're right, he needs both of us. Lizzy needs us. This is worse for her than any one of us here." He says pulling out of my arms and filling the tea pot with boiling water. I bring the coffee sachets and the tea bags that we forgot to take out earlier.

"So what's up?" Lizzy asks as we enter the lounge.

Cory and I sit down next to Spencer as he looks at Lizzy.

"Charlie's back." Spencer says softly.

No one speaks. We all just wait for Lizzy. Her mum is hugging her close, trying to stop the tears falling down her own face but Lizzy is frozen. She doesn't move. Doesn't cry. Just sits still.

"Lizzy?" I whisper out and her eyes snap up to me.

"I'm fine." She says, shakily, as she stands up.

"I'm okay." She repeats as she paces slightly.

"It's okay if you're not honey." Her mum whispers out.

"Lizzy-." Spencer begins to say but she cuts him off.

"I'm okay! I'm done with this conversation. I don't want to talk about it." She says as she sits down again.

"Okay, we won't talk about it." Spencer says. We're all quiet as Lizzy makes herself a cup of tea.

Spencer stands up, heading to the kitchen. Cory and I follow behind him.

"She's getting a bodyguard." He says as we enter the kitchen.

"Spencer, darling. You have to talk to her about that." I say soothingly.

"She'll say no." He whispers, angrily.

"Then that's her choice." Cory says as we both walk up closer to him.

"What if he tries to approach her. He already said he wants to speak to her." He rubs his head tiredly.

"Talk to her about it. That's all you can do." Cory suggests and Spencer nods.

We all head back into the lounge and everyone's quiet. The clinking of spoons against mugs and the crinkling of the biscuit packets is all that can be heard.

"I'm getting you a bodyguard." Spencer breaks the silence and Lizzy looks up at him.

"Okay." She says and I see relief feel Spencer's body.

She must really be scared if she agreed to let Spencer get her a bodyguard. Lizzy is very independent.

"Can I stay here again?" Lizzy asks and Spencer immediately agrees.

"Of course you can, you don't need to ask." He says and Lizzy nods in thanks.

"I want to help pick my bodyguard. If I'm going to be spending time with this person I want to know who they are." She says and Spencer nods.

"Anything you want."

"We'll head home and bring you your stuff." Their dad says and Lizzy nods.

"Why don't we have dinner together when you come back. I'll cook." I say and they agree.

They both leave and Lizzy heads to her old room.

"I'll start preparing dinner." I say as I stand up and Cory follows.

"I'll help." He says and I smile and pull him to my side.

"I'm going to call Jackson and see if his agency has any good bodyguards to spare. Maybe u should get her two. Like a nighttime one and a day time one so they are always alert." Spencer says already tapping away on his cellphone. We don't say anything, leaning him to look for bodyguards.

"Jackson?" I ask Cory as we head to the kitchen.

"Yeah, his an old army buddy of Morris'. He has his own bodyguard agency. Spencer uses them when we have high profile customers." Cory explained as we take out everything to make supper.

I decide to make a roast chicken, with roast veggies, gravy, mash and some garlic buns.

"Jackson says he can meet with me tomorrow to find a good bodyguard for Lizzy." Spencer says as he walks into the kitchen.