Offer: Chapter 26 ツ

Y/n POV:

It's been almost 2 minutes of this silence and have too many questions, so many it feels like I'm filling up this moving car. 

I have too much curiosity oozes from my brain, after suddenly seeing my English teacher... not turn out to be who I thought he was. I want to ask everything. completely, and utterly, everything.

Who are you?

Why are you being so kind to me?

What did those people in your bar want from you?

Why are you a year 12 English teacher on the side?

God, I'm going to end up spilling every single question, and I doubt he would be able to keep up.

"So... Miss. Y/n... I have a few things to... well... explain to you don't I?" Mr. Kim suddenly interrupts my train of thoughts, but in the best way possible. Answers are exactly want I need, want and crave right now.

"Yes sir... that would be helpful for me to understand... unless you don't want to tell me since it's personal or something". I muster up the courage to inquire, but I want to give him the illusion that I am not very nosey. Though maybe I am.

"I mean, of course it's personal. But I can trust you. I have a feeling I can, and I rely on my gut feelings quite often" He continues quite coolly. "It has never done me dirty" He smiles. 

I once again notice his cute dimples, and I have also have the sudden urge to poke my finger into one to see how deep it goes.

But I don't.

"Oh that's nice. I think gut feelings are quite important, I just don't trust them very often" I respond rapidly, as if I am having a conversation with a good friend.

"Why is that Miss. Y/n?" I heard the genuine tone, which was refreshing to hear from his normal serious or sarcastic one.

I think, I think, I think. Then I say what's in my heart, rather than a sophisticated answer molded from my brain.

"My gut feelings are always wrong. Always. For example, today when I came to work, I had a good gut feeling that I will have a productive day, since it was going to be busy." I sigh, though it's small, I'm sure he heard it.

"Fast forward, here I am already off work as I got harassed by 2 overpowering men which made me look pathetic, weak... and made me cry."

...

"You've never spoken to me this much before. Not this honestly either." He calmly lets me know after around 10 seconds of me finishing my venting. 

I'm... shocked. I'm shocked at myself. I all of a sudden got comfortable with the man next to me, without my heart beating out of my chest or messing up any words. 

Unfortunately, he still has his effect on me.

"Don't get me wrong though Miss. Y/n, I'm glad. I'm glad you've come out of your little shell and are starting to express yourself to me" He smiles at me once again, but this one was wider and... so...incredibly brilliant.

I feel my face heat up, but I also feel the ends of my lips twitch. I smile back at him. 

I want to take a photo of his smile, and keep it until I reach my grave.

Out of the blue, his face turns stern, firm and visibly serious. I can see it at the corner of the my eyes, but I don't make it known. I gulp.

"Those bastards... goodness" He shatters the silence. "They're going to get themselves killed one day, and they are going to come after not just me... but you dear." The information he drops is something to stay composed about. at least not to me.

"What does that mean? They're going to come a- after me? After you t- too?" fear is evoked within me, as it takes over my veins in surprise. 

Mr. Kim stops the car on the side of the road. He sighs, and now he is directly looking into my eyes. Have I mentioned how scary they are? They slice through the air into your own orbs. He takes of his seat belt.

"Look, they are powerful themselves, granted they are mere fleas that can be squished under more power, yet they won't sit still" He slows down his words, as he sees my face change into a confused expression.

"If they find out where you live, they will make your life a living hell, and your parents... and you're going to have to stay away from your own blood because of that. You need a safe, comfy place to be at in order to avoid their tactics." He gestures.

Is he implying something?

He takes off his blazer to reveal his perfectly sculpted body. He throws  it into the back like he did when he dropped me off home. Fuck, that makes me feel things I do not want to feel.

Mr. Kim takes in a breath and rubs his temples with his own fingers. He looks exhausted. 

"Miss. Y/n, you might have to live with me for a week or 2, I want you to be safe. I also take responsibly for what happened, as it happened in my own hotel, and I had the responsibility to ensure safety on every floor, not just the ones I feel that needed it."

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? HAS HE LOST HIS MARBLES?

"Sir, that is impossible, I'll be alright!" I furiously state. "Those 2 idiots won't ever be able to find me-"

"They raped a woman who refused to sleep with them, and sent her family pictures of how they did it. She was crying, bleeding and suffering." His jaw tightened. "Those 2 beat 4 people to death just because they didn't let them have the land they wanted."

I'm suddenly feeling sweat drip around my forehead and in my palms. I cover my face with my 2 hands and rub my eyes in disbelief. What have I gotten myself into? I should have just given them the gin bottle. 

"I got involved, I basically ordered my men to throw them out of the bar... you're not safe with your family. You're safer with me". He says, as if it's not something to be scared about.

"If you want, I can convince your parents-"

"They are overseas... they also don't care about what I do, and you don't have to convince them. But, I don't want you to go through all that trouble, all that hiding me for your school job..." I'm starting to panic. I'm scared. I can't live in the same roof as this man... I  can't...

"Miss. Y/n... I'm sorry, but you have no choice"

END OF CHAPTER 26...°

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed ツ

Author- Note:

>:)