Encounter: Chapter 10 ツ

Y/n POV:

We got up from picking up the folders and started walking towards the place Mr. Jung talked about. I truly felt grateful that he was going through all this trouble to get me to safety. 

'Also... I know that me holding Mr. Min's hand in that way seemed... well... weird out of context, but please understand that nothing like that went down...' Mr. Jung explained looking very flustered, looking to the other way. 

The images flashed past my eyes again, how they were looking eye in eye, blushing, Mr. Jung's hand gently holding Mr. Min's with care. I mentally smiled. Cute.

'I didn't think of it much sir, after all, it was all because of me and my mistake of being at school unsupervised.' I managed to speak up, trying to hold back laughter. 'Also... you don't need to explain yourself sir, your life, your decisions... I s- support you either way.' I whispered in embarrassment, highlighting that whatever happens between them, is their respected decision.

He smiled looking my way hearing my words, it was clear that they made him soft. I heard him clear his throat, it was clear he wanted to get rid of the topic.

'Anyway, I would like the full story before we reach the back door, understood? It's almost on the other side of the school, maybe a 10 minute walk?' Mr. Jung questioned tapping his chin while holding 2 heavy folders. One yellow and the other being black. 

10 minutes? Oh, forgot how USELESSLY big this school was. Even after being here for 4 years. It's so hot, I could barely manage to open my eyes as sweat had enveloped my whole body. How was this teacher taking the heat like a pro?

I explained to him about the sandwich incident, followed by the unforgettable coffee accident and me having to change clothing a million times. Though I didn't mention HOW and WHO of either of the stories. 

'Woah, woah, woah, I'm sure you had quite a day kiddo.' Mr. Jung laughed at my speed talking. He was the only teacher in this school who taught with a sense of connection. Every other teacher only saw us as kids under them, yet Mr. Jung saw us as adults, as an equal.

'Yes, It really was sir...' I muttered so I kill the silence that was swarming around us. My bag was extremely heavy as it had my dirty uniform, with the school's one I wrecked too. I'm such a mess.

'So... who's your English teacher this year?' Mr. Jung questioned, wanting to know as an English teacher himself. 'Grade 12 English isn't the Easiest!' He optimistically concluded, getting a smile out of me. 

'I think it was... Mr. Kim...' I answered slowly, as Mr. Kim's face hadn't left my mind this whole day. Nothing was special about that guy, nothing. So what if he was attractive? He's probably a trillion years older anyway... okay, maybe 5 or 7 years. 

'Oh! Mr. Kim! He started teaching this year, great guy if I say so myself!' Mr. Jung seemed very hyped talking about this particular teacher. More like Mr. Stone face.

'Yes...he's... good' I answered. A comfortable silence surrounded us, I could hear the dry, summer leaves crinkled under our feet as we walked to the door I had never heard of nor seen. I liked Mr. Jung. The blazer I was wearing before rested on my arm, hanging as not a single breeze came by. I looked down on my black school shoes, remembering every single event that took place today. In 8 hours, so many things came my way. 

'I'd say 4 more minutes Y/n, not long to go!' He reassured me, again with his energetic, jolly voice.  

I nodded in response.

He led me through the gigantic area, I was quite familiar with a few places, not so familiar with the grade 7 area. I wasn't here in grade 7, and never went that way either. I had no use there, why would I? In the distance I could see the office, which looked 10 times smaller in size than the ones in the senior years. 

'Here we are, finally, the heat was killing me and my skin.' He pouted shaking his head. I let out a small polite giggle. I knew he was trying to be funny, I wasn't going to let his efforts go to waste. 'Come on follow me, don't worry, no one will tell you off, I'm here!' He stood there like a super hero.

Nodding, he started to make his way inside, pushing the door open for me like a gentleman. I wasn't about to lie, this building was a modern exterior masterpiece. Smiling to show my gratitude, I walked in... to see... a tall male's back. Familiar suit, I thought.

'Hoseok, these kids are eating my brain alive, why the hell was I given a grade 7?! Isn't year 12 enough, huh?!' He rumbled standing at the reception looking down at what seemed to be stapled paper. My eyes traveled to meet Mr. Jung's face, who was in panic mode as that person clearly hadn't turned around to see me, and only assumed it was Mr. Jung. 

Familiar voice, I thought.

'I'm going to need a thousand shots to get through all this marking shit, honestly, fuck this-'

'AHEM...' Mr. Jung sternly warned this man, signaling him. 

Mr. Kim?

Turning around to meet eye to eye with me, his eyes widened. I felt weak against that intense gaze, I could see how surprise he was to see me here. I won't deny that I might have been able to start crying of laughter, I would never expect this childish side from him.

Silence.

'Well... this is Mr. Kim- you already know him...' Mr. Jung death glared the poor guy behind the glass desk. Mr. Kim seemed flustered at his foolishness, avoiding any eye contact with Mr. Jung who was still silenced. 

'Uh, good morn- good afternoon miss. Y/n' Mr. Kim finally spoke, in order to break the awkward silence. I looked up, I had to admit, he still looked put together in his suit even though school hours were over. Wouldn't have thought that he would remember my name.

'Good afternoon Mr. Kim...' I replied, making eye contact and then breaking it right away.

'Y/n, why are you here at this hour? School ended like an hour ago.' He questioned seeming curious as the man fixed up his tie that was hanging around his neck to look presentable. 

'I... was, uh-'

'Thinking about it, your shift is almost over, Mr. Kim could you please lead Y/n to the back door as you leave for home too? You know, where your car is parked? You can ask her on the way... It seems to be a long  story' Mr. Jung requested while chuckling, glancing up to the clock to see the time. 'Y/n, you'll be in good hands, he can lead you there as he also has to leave for home anyway' Mr. Jung assured me with a bright smile.

I nodded in agreement, while I was mentally shaking my head vigorously. No, please no Mr. Jung. That giant makes me feel so nervous and is so scary. I bet he hates us students and wishes death upon all of us-

'I wouldn't mind taking her to the back door, the pleasure's mine... I'm interested in the reasoning for your stay Miss. Y/n...'

Author note:

10 chapters, huh? All because of you guys! Thank you for helping me reach this milestone...Love you :)

I'm stirring up something spicy for chapter 11...

Y'all ain't ready for the next chapter, I'm warning you-

END OF CHAPTER 10°

Please Vote and Comment if you enjoyed :)

Thank you luv if you made it till here :D