Chapter 48: Game of Flags

Star was in her room practicing her poses for some of her spells. Soon her mirror started to ring. Star stopped practicing and started to walked over to the mirror and answered it. Then Moon appeared on the mirror.

"Hello, mom." said Star

"Hi, Star. I just thought I would call let you know that we are having the annual picnic is tomorrow." said Moon

"Really, thanks for letting me know mom. Might I ask this year am I going to be at the grownups table?"

"Not this years Star." Moon then noticed Star was disappointed. "Why are you so down Star?"

"Because I hate siting at the kids table. Mostly because I'm the oldest on there. And the others are three years old at the most 4 years old. It's not that fun being there when there no one else near your age."

"I understand that Star. Why don't you bring a friend along so you have someone to talk to if you want."

"Really?! You mean it?"

"Of course! You are right! You are over 10 years older then them. So you have fun in different ways then them. Not only that you have sit by yourself for years."

"Thanks mom."

"No problem. I know it hard being the oldest at the kids table. But just don't feel you ready for the grownups table."

"Oh I got an idea how about a teens table."

"A teens table?"

"Yeah, its a table for those that are to old to be at the kids table but not still to young to be at the adults table."

"That is a good idea Star. I'll consider it but I'm not making any promises."

"I understand."

"I'll see tomorrow when we pick you and your friend up. I love you."

"Bye mom. I love you too." Star pressed a button a turned of the mirror. Star then let the room and went down stairs and as she came down Ben came in with two smoothies. Ben handed one to Star. "Ben, how would you like to go to a picnic tomorrow?"

"Oh you for a date? Sure!" said Ben

"No! Not for a date. You see my families annual picnic is tomorrow and my mom said I could bring a friend."

"If it just for you and your parents..."

"No it's not just my parents its my whole family."

"And you family is okay with me joining?"

"My mom said I could bring a friend. Because there are none my age so I have someone to talk to."

"Okay, as long as your family doesn't mind."

The next day. Moon and River knocked on Ben's house door. Star opened the door and let them in.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." said Star

"Hi Star." said River

"Hi Star." said Moon she noticed Ben. "You must be Ben. Star has told me a lot about you. I remember you from that incident with the destroyed castle. But I never introduced myself. I'm Moon Butterfly." Moon held out her hand.

"I'm Ben Tennyson." said Ben as he grabbed Moon's hand and shuck it. Moon was shocked when she heard Ben's last name.

"Well we should get going." Moon said anxiously as she opened a portal with a pair of dimensional scissors. Then soon entered the portal and appeared on Mewni were the picnic would be. The picnic was getting set up. There were three tables each several feet apart. One of them was long, anther was the same height but it was small like make for two people, the last table was close to the ground with small chairs like for a toddler.