Chapter 16: What are Little Girls Made of

At the pound Gwen was depressed. Star was near by as she watched Ben and Kevin. Kevin absorbed a rock and Ben was transformed into Brainstorm.

"Let's settle this, Tennyson." said Kevin

Ben laugh. "My dear Kevin, your nigh gladiatorial bellicosity has once again outpaced your ratiocinative processes." said Ben

"I don't know what you just said butt... Cannon ball!" Kevin said as he jumped into the water sending wave of water at Ben. Ben opened his head and fired a lighting blast at the water evaporating it.

"Oh, attempting to short me out, hmm? Before you ever cause such an involuntary cognitive discharge, my intense electromagnetic stormers would vaporize you. To wit." Ben then blasted the water sending Kevin flying out. Ben walked up to the others. "As a coder and at the risk of gilding the lily, I submit..." Then Ben turned back to normal. "That I wasn't even thinking hard."

"Okay, you got me that time. Live and Learn, right, Gwen?"

Gwen was silent.

"What's wrong with Gwen?" asked Star as she came up to Ben and Kevin

"She misses grandpa." said Ben

"She was fine in the car." said Kevin

"It's my fault. I thought bringing her here would cheer her up."

"Why is that?" asked Star

"This is grandpa Max's secret fishing rock. He used to come out here all the time, when he wasn't traveling." said Gwen

"Away on Plumber business." said Kevin

"We didn't know back then. When I was 5, he brought me here, and I caught a teeny, tiny, fish. He wanted me to release it, but I put up a big fuss. It was my fish, you know? Grandpa finally convinced me to come back when it was bigger. Guess I never had an easy time letting go." Gwen said as she thru a rock into the pound.

Ben looked over and noticed something. "Hey, look over there." said Ben.

The rest looked over to were Ben is looking and saw someone going to a tree. "For a secret place, this gets a lot of traffic." said Star

"Have any of you see a flower like that?" asked Gwen.

The Kevin shouted. "Hey, you in the cloak!"

The person in the clock looked and saw them. They started to run over to the tree. The cloaked figure laugh and went behind the tree. There was a purple flash. When Ben, Star, Gwen and Kevin got there the cloaked figure was gone.

"That woman just disappeared." said Ben

"Teleporter maybe?" said Kevin

"What was she doing?" asked Gwen

Star looked and saw something carved into the tree. ""Max plus Verdona"? Ben, Gwen do either of you know a Verdona?" asked Star

"I don't think so." said Ben

Gwen picked up the flower she left. "Let's find her and ask. I should be able to track her with this." Gwen tried but failed to track her. "I really thought I had that move down."

"Huh. That's not the first flower she left here." said Ben noticing there were a bunch of flowers by the tree.

"So what now? We can't just wait for her to come back." said Kevin

Later at night Ben, Star, Gwen and Kevin were at the pound in Kevin's car waiting for the mystery cloaked woman.

"This is crazy. She didn't show yesterday, and she's not gonna show tonight." said Kevin