Chapter 28: Undercover

Night at a warehouse Ben, Star, Kevin and Gwen were in. Kevin placed a banana down.

"This is a very bad idea. I mean, we don't even know how to work a teleporter pad." said Gwen

"Got to start somewhere." said Kevin

"I don't see why we need a teleporter pad. After all I have dimensional scissors." said Star

"Because I want one."

"Star is right. Ben, tell Kevin this seems like a very bad idea." said Gwen

"Ben?" asked Star as she looked around for Ben. Star then noticed him behind some boxes. "Are you hiding?"

Ben moved away from the boxes. "No. It's just if a fly lands on that banana when it teleports and it rematerializes as a deadly banana fly monster, I don't want to be standing right next to it, is all." said Ben

"Don't see the big deal, Tennyson. Didn't you used to turn into an insect all the time?" said Kevin as he pushed buttons and flipped some switches.

"That was different." Ben said as he walked up to Star.

"Here, we go." Then Kevin pushed a button. The teleporter bad stared to activate. The banana floated and was zapped. The banana disappeared then soon reappeared. The banana was black and it started swell and it explode. The teleporter pad started to spark. "That's not good."

"Turn it off before it blows!"

The control pad started to zap. "It's too hot!"

"I known who can take the heat." Ben then activated the omnitrix and hit it. "Swampfire!" Ben walked over to control pad, but it exploded a little. They looked at the teleporter pad and it started to spark more and more. "Open the door." Gwen fired an orb at the door button and the door opened. Ben lifted the teleporter pad and through out the door. "Everybody down!" Then the teleporter pad exploded. The smoked cleared after a few seconds. Ben then turned back to normal. "Everyone all right?"

"Forget that! What about the teleporter pad?" Kevin then started to run to it.

"Deep down, he's really glad we're okay."

Ben, Star and Gwen walked over to were Kevin is. "It's totally trashed."

"Kevin I still don't see why we would need it? I have dimensional scissors." said Star

"I know a kid might be able to fix it."

"Fix alien tech?" asked Gwen

"He's a total super genius with any kind of machinery. Doesn't matter if it's human or alien. I'll bring Cooper over from his lab."

"Cooper? Pasty kid?" said Ben

"Blond? Bad haircut?" said Gwen

"Had a big crush on Gwen?" Then Gwen elbowed Ben. "Ow!"

"Sounds like the same guy. But, uh, who wouldn't have a crush on you?" asked Kevin

"Who's Cooper?" asked Star

"He helped us out once back when we were kids. You should have told us you knew him." said Ben

"Didn't exactly come up." said Kevin

"you didn't think a kid with the ability to manipulate alien tech would have been helpful against the DNAliens?"

"It's possible I know two or three people I haven't told you about, Ben. Anyway, if you're so smart, why didn't you think of him before?"

"Okay, that's a fair point. Let's go."

Ben, and Star got into the back of the car like they always do. As Kevin took the driver seat and Gwen was in the passenger's seat. The drove of to Cooper's lab. Kevin stopped the once he got there and the four got out of the car.