Chapter - 7

Do everyone deserve a second chance ?

Narrator point of view

For the past four weeks advira is admitted in the hospital and the time is getting passed very painfully by the hudson's family . John had decided that from now onwards he will be the responsible for Advira . He wants to take care of her , show her around and to become her friend . The doctor had informed him that advira is suffering form a short term memory loss though she remembers almost everything but certain memories are wiped out from her mind which could get triggered from certain patterns and led to a coma . Hudson had been visiting her and taking care of her and even giving her ample food to eat something which is like a miracle to Advira but she is still scared of the Hudson and even the hospital staff treating her she doesn't look anybody into the eyes afraid as it would land her in some serious trouble which happened many times and she learned it through a hard way . She rarely talks and is on anti-depressant and other meds her body is getting better but she doesn't let anybody touch her which causes a problem for the nurse to treat her wounds . Today , is a big day for day for the Hudson's almost after seven months advira is going to get discharged from the hospital, Leo wants to mend the relationship between them , while Mrs Hudson had already cooked many Indian dishes for her arrival they want a fresh start and want advira to give her everything she thought she will be getting after coming here as if wanting to seek her forgiveness but will be it be that easy , the girl who roamed on her own in his foreign city to get fill her stomach and resort to eat from the garbage can will be able to trust them the Hudson whose name alone was given to scare her to death , the hudson's were the reason of her pain can they be the reason of her happiness . The car slowed down as it reaches the mansion it is a sunny day full of hope and positivity but inside the car there is full raged war going on inside advira's mind as she sat behind Leo maintaining a good distance between them and sitting extremely closely to the gate and taking as much less seat as possible looking down drowned in her own confusion the nurses told her that she blacked out and was found by John Hudson her husband which took her by surprise the man who didn't want to be associated with her , admitted her got her treated and and is even paying for the bills didn't suited with her , she knew him very well there has to be some motive behind it , but what ? He has clearly stated every now and then that he didn't care about her and was getting his revenge on her but when the time finally came he saved her which something she couldn't digest moreover the man who told her that she is nothing to him told everyone publicly announced her that she is his wife shocked her further. She knew something was up with him , if anything she knew about the Hudson was that they are very cunning and we're people of power with whom nobody can mess then what made such a sudden change of heart ? It's a facade she warned herself that man sitting in the front was not the man she looked upto a year before , he wasn't the one with whom she thought life was getter better if anything happened was that her survival instincts improved more all due credit to the Hudson they were quick on their shoes to find new and sometimes very creative ideas to torment her afterall to them live or dead she didn't matter , going back to India was never option her so called relatives has abandoned her and  the Malhotra's were not saint either she is a dead meat either way . The car halted as the gates of the mansion opened swiftly and there stood the rest of the Hudson family and Cornor and Matthew along with Gerald who had a very informative news to share with John about someone who can help him understand advira better and maybe she can forgive him .

Advira P.O.V

How unlucky am I ? I never wanted anything from you God did I all I wanted was a peaceful and happy life a normal life looks like it was too much you took everyone away from me and left me with him . Papa why didn't you take me with you , I want to live with you , with mummy I can't do this anymore he will kill me and at this point of time he knows that death is something which I truly want and I know he won't give that to me , he is cold and ruthless , I don't know how I am going to survive this , he even mentioned that I am his wife , should I feel happy that the man to whom I got married has started accepting our relation or should I cry because now legally he is my legal guardian . I requested the nurses to kill me the moment I wake but after seeing the sympathetic look on their faces and I recognise them they can't help me and I know they won't . I just wish that whatever you are planning to do sir I hope you succeed . I don't want to be around you , maybe he saved me to kill himself who can I forget I am nothing but a mere broken toy and it's time for me to get in the place which is the garbage can that's where broken toys belong . She was thinking all this when the car halted and john himself opened her gate and told her to come out that's when he noticed her sitting on the farthest corner taking as less space as possible and before coming out she wiped the seat with her worn out sweater sleeves cleaning the seat as if it got dirty by her sitting on it . It was the first time she sat with him in a car no matter the distance she use to walk and even her feets use to get swollen in the harsh winters but still she use to walk to the office, school knowing she wouldn't get food which she needed to survive . Keeping her head low and looking at the ground she noticed that nobody is walking and a feeling of fear mixed with anxious was building in her gut . Soon John noticed her still standing and began talking or her .