Chapter 99

Part... 100... And I'm not done yet?! Holy shit...

Holy shit.

Happy birthday Taylor!

April 3rd, 2021 / April 25th, 2021

There was so much playful tension in the room it was almost palpable. Jo and Taylor were sitting across from each other at the dining table in Nashville, which wasn't anything new at all, but today was different.

Instead of going through emails and working, Jo had appeased Taylor's concerns about falling behind on wedding planning and proposed they get some things off the list.

First was the guest list, which wasn't excessively large because of the pandemic, but the country club had mandatory vaccinations and testing, which meant it was going to be as safe as they could have it. They would be outside, tables separated by households to keep things contained.

Next was going through dress options. They couldn't exactly go to the store and try them on, which is how they ended up going through website after website finding one that they thought would look right, and could be tailored in their homes. Taylor had always had an idea of the kind of dress she wanted, but Jo had never considered it.

A ghost of a smile on Jo's face caught Taylor's attention when she glanced up, "Did you find something you like?"

"No," Jo said with a dry chuckle, "I found something that looks like it's straight out of... well you look at it."

Jo copied the link and sent it to her fiancée, waiting patiently as the blonde opened it from her text messages and laughed, "It looks like it's from bad porn."

"Right?" Jo crinkled her nose up and shook her head, clicking back out of it.

"Keep looking, dork. Oh, and please put money in the account 'cause it's the third and bills are due today."

"Did anything go up?" Jo asked as she picked up her phone to transfer between bank accounts.

"Yeah, Holiday House's wifi is another ten per month," Taylor said while typing something on her laptop. Jo's email dinged a few seconds later and she opened Taylor's invoice.

"Let's just get rid of a few things, yeah? Like three houses and a few cars and the plane," was Jo's reaction to the almost same number she'd been seeing every month for a long time.

"She says as if she wasn't just looking at Nevada real estate in bed last night," Taylor chuckled. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and tied with with the hair elastic around her wrist.

"I was just looking," Jo raised her hands in defence, "I'm done buying houses... forever. Cornelia Street has been fun, but I'm done."

"You think we'll raise the kids in this apartment?" Taylor slipped the topic into the conversation, "We have the space."

Jo moved so her back was against the chair, taking a deep breath before she answered, "We have the space but... there's a bird cage in the middle of the floor. There's no yard, the dog pees on a fake patch of grass. Let's not even discuss the more eclectic art like five locks on the front door or the busy street out front."

"I'm assuming based on your answer that you've already got an idea of where you would like to end up," Taylor pursed her lips but only for a second, she couldn't help but smile at Jo's response.

"I always thought maybe we'd get a place near your Mom's, like a few houses down. It would be nice, right?"

"In suburbia?" Taylor gasped teasingly, a wide grin on her face.