Chapter 61

I just didn't want to update again but here we go. Thanks for being patient!

March 20th, 2019 / March 21st, 2019

"Hi..."

"Hi, honey," Jo smiled immediately after Taylor's voice came through the speaker of her phone, pressed up against her ear as she was in a fitting with her stylist and tailor to get a few more street outfits ready.

"How much do you adore me and our children?" The blonde questioned, obviously referring to the cats and canine.

"Very much so," Jo grew suspicious, hesitant to answer almost, "What have you done to provoke this line of questioning?"

"Do you want another one?"

"My hands are full enough with one of you."

"No, a cat."

"Tell me about this new cat," Jo laughed, because only Taylor goes to work on a Wednesday and ends up with a cat before eleven in the morning.

"I didn't name him yet but he's got a bit of brown on him and he has big blue eyes, Brendon says he looks like my son and he purrs so much and loves people and even my Mom and Dad say he is so good, so honey please can we have a cat? It's a boy, you can have a son! I'll take care of him and everything, but I really want him and he's available and he's only two-thousand so it's not even a big investment, he's just a little rag doll fluff ball! Please, do you want a cat son with me?"

Jo couldn't have wiped the grin off her face if she tried, listening to how happy Taylor sounded about this and the prospect of for the first time, it would be their pet. Despite the others being theirs too, it was the first time they had each considered it something mutually agreed upon. This wasn't a stray Jo couldn't find the guts to drop off at the shelter.

"Send me a couple pictures of him, if he's cute you can bring him home," Josephine answered, trying to not sound so excited about it.

"I already sent you some pictures of him while we were on the phone..."

That was true, because Jo put the phone on speaker for a moment and checked her texts, and there it was, a collection of photos of her girlfriend holding and petting the blue eyed cat. Jo pursed her lips together, reading the caption Taylor had attached.

Taylor Swift: Baby!!! Look at our kitty!

"Remember to pay the person with the cat, don't just bring him home," Jo said, hearing the loudest squeal through the line. She apologized to the person pinning her pants up to tailor them for how ear piercing it was.

"She say you could keep him?" Jo could hear Andrea in the background after it sounded like the door had opened.

"Yes!" Taylor enthused, for a moment she forgot she was on the phone all together.

"Jo, you're not going to regret it, I don't think. He's a sweetheart," Andrea took the phone from Taylor's hands to talk to who was essentially her daughter-in-law by that point.

"I'm glad and I miss you guys. I have to go though, I'm in the middle of a fitting. You call me later when you get home."

"Okay, I love you so much," Taylor told her, Jo said it back and hung up, looking at her tailor and stylist.

"Do you want to see pictures of my new kitten?"

Taylor didn't get home until late, and the three hour time difference between Los Angeles and New York meant Jo was already asleep well into the early morning hours, with Flynn next to her in the bed and her ringer on so she wouldn't miss Taylor's call.