Chapter 21

Used to This - Camila Cabello

Only using the lyrics and sound, not the voice. Jo doesn't necessarily sing like her.

February 19th, 2017, February 24th, 2017

About a week after the rejected break up incident, Taylor arrived back in Pennsylvania after a lovely week spent with her mom and her friends, whom she had been slowly coming out to.

Selena had been so supportive and couldn't believe how happy Taylor sounded about Jo, Ed the same. They had both made Taylor promise to bring Jo around soon and Abigail already knew of the brunette's role in Taylor's life so she wasn't surprised when Taylor called to check in and gushed about how great her girlfriend was.

Taylor was slowly inching her way out of the closet, knowing that it was going to come out eventually whether she wanted it to or not. In a last minute change of plans, Jo's original recordings were remade to swap out the male pronouns to female ones, in an effort to not only be authentic to the music but to try and soften the blow when news emerged of Jo and Taylor at some point.

CD's were being printed, small but modest venues were booked for the younger singers national tour. About a dozen shows scheduled across the United States as a soft start, a few thousand seats in each. Her first single was due to come out in five days, and Jo was so excited.

When Jo heard the car pull up, she hurried to slip on her boots and headed out the door to meet the superstar, more than ready to hug her tighter than she'd ever been hugged before.

The best part about the ranch was that it was so far from anyone or anything that Jo didn't even have to hide her love for the girl while they were outside, not evening let her stand up completely before her arms opened, "Hi!"

"Hi!" Taylor giggled as the wind was knocked out of her, knowing it had been a while since they'd actually been apart this long. Her security pulled in on the next SUV, they stayed in the guest house a little down the driveway just so they were near if needed but still gave the girls plenty of privacy.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," Jo moved her hands from around Taylor's waist to her cheeks, delicately resting them there before looking at her lips and kissing them passionately.

Taylor smiled into it, so happy that she got to experience that magic again. She wasn't sure where she would be if Jo had let them break up, but she knew she would have regretted it. Her fingers crawled up to Jo's shoulder, cupping it to hold her close for a little longer.

Upon finally breaking apart, mostly due to the cold air that shortened how long they could hold their breath before air was really needed, Taylor said, "I'm pretty sure I missed you the same amount, if not more."

"No," Jo denied that completely and shifted her attention to the cats that were in the back of the car, probably getting chilly now that the engine had shut off and the door was wide open, "Hello my little princesses, welcome home. I missed you, was Taylor kind?"

Taylor stared as Jo forgot about her for a moment and carried the cats in, letting them out the second the door was closed. Taylor then proceeded to open the door and let herself inside the house, because Jo had gotten so caught up in the felines that she had forgotten her girlfriend outside.

"Ahem," Taylor cleared her throat as she shut the wooden door, "Jo, you forgot me outside."

"No, I left you outside. I'm pretty sure you still owe me something, and when I receive it, I will then stop leaving you places."

"What do I owe you?" Taylor furrowed her eyebrows, having absolutely no idea what the brunette was on about this time.

"Guess you have to figure that out."