Chapter 93

Pls don't make fun of my photoshop skills I know they're bad 😭

November 18th, 2020 / November 24th, 2020 / November 25th, 2020

"Happy birthday, my fiancée," Taylor said again that evening after they'd spent a good chunk of the day doing Jo's favourite stay at home things, like watching movies and eating takeout.

"You've said it a dozen times," Josephine chuckled as she blushed, "Thank you. Thirty is going to be a good year."

"I have to agree. Let's kick it off with a bang, yeah?"

Jo eyed Taylor's mischievous smile and five minutes later, Jo straddled the blonde as she shook a whip cream canister and drew circles of the white cream on Taylor's bare breasts.

"Happy birthday to me, indeed."

-

"It is Grammy Day!" Jo yelled as she flung the bathroom door open. Taylor was in the shower of their apartment, suds in her hair. Jo had woken her up with that same screech, obviously excited about something.

"Thanks, tips!" Taylor yelled as she stepped back into the stream to rinse her blonde locks out. She was only a little startled by Jo swinging the door open like she was running from a home intruder.

"You're welcome, beautiful!" Jo closed the door to the bathroom and went downstairs to buzz in excitement alone. Tree and Nicole had warned them that folklore was likely to be nominated for a few, and one of the artists Jo had written with had a good shot of their album collecting one or two, so she was in good spirits.

She had only had a little bit of coffee, the buzzing was all natural.

The brunette decided she had to do something while waiting for Taylor to come down, deciding a phone call to her father wouldn't be the worst thing. She dialled and waited, it rang and rang until, "Sport, thank god it's you. I was just wondering where you would get those lasagnas we would have when you were out of town? Melissa's taking Elliot to visit her sister and I'm gonna be left with Cas and Dylan and lasagna seems like a safe choice."

"Cas doesn't like lasagna so don't try to feed them that anyways, I learned that the hard when we Taylor and I took the kids last winter. Also, I made those, they were homemade so you're out of luck there. Why's Melissa going to visit her sister?" Jo crossed her ankles with amusement as her back hit the couch and her free hand landed on Olivia's head, scratching it gently.

"Something 'bout a hernia," Billy said as he scratched his head. Jo furrowed her eyebrows but let it go, looking in the background of the video call, "You recommended a good dinner for just the three of us?"

"Macaroni and cheese with caesar salad. You can get one you put in the oven and bake for an hour," Jo told her father. Part of her was embarrassed by his lack of ability to take care of himself. She realized her father had never been alone and made sure to add, "You might want some protein, too. You can get some bacon and add it to the macaroni. Cook the bacon first and remove it from the pan, drain it on some paper towel then cut it up and mix it in."

"Thank god I have you," he opened the door of the frozen aisle, because yes, he was in the grocery store, and pulled out a variety of frozen mac and cheese, "This one okay?"

"Yeah, Dad. That'll be fine. If you get extra fancy you can cook some broccoli in a pot of boiling water until soft."

Billy laughed at Jo's suggestion and shook his head, "The salad will do. They make 'em premade?"

Taylor came downstairs a few minutes later while Jo was sitting there processing the fact that her father bought three types of cereal to get the kids through two days of breakfast. He'd hung up when he got to the checkout line but the perplexing subject of her father shopping was still in her mind.