Chapter 37

The article in this chapter was written in '2017', and so not all the proper terms and ways to say things now are used because honestly, people still didn't care that much then :/

August 31st, 2017

Jo's tour, which had quickly transformed in the wake of her success from a handful of venues to having an overseas leg and about thirty-five shows, was kicking off later that evening.

They'd put the first show in Las Vegas, close to home. That way her family and friends could be there. Taylor had to fly out for Abigail's rehearsal dinner and wedding in the morning, so she'd be lucky if she made it to the end of the performance before the guilt trickled in that she should be sleeping.

On the other hand, the guilt would be worse if she missed her girlfriend's first show of her very first tour.

Jo was on the stage, checking the sound of her guitar while Taylor kept her company, sitting on a background singer's stool and talking into the microphone, "I wish I could sound like an alien through this thing."

Jo stopped strumming and turned her head slowly, no words came out of her mouth, just a look. Her brown eyes focused on the blonde, trying to figure out whatever the hell was going through Taylor's brain.

"Don't look at me, look at your crowd," Taylor pointed at the empty seats.

"Twenty thousand empty seats," Jo exhaled through her mouth, "You think they'll really show up?"

"It's a sold out show, isn't it?" Taylor smiled, getting off her stool and walking towards the younger singer.

Jo turned away from the microphone and let Taylor wrap her arm around her, a gentle but long kiss onto her cheek followed that. They were departing for about three weeks, a little longer actually.

It was the bittersweet moments they kept catching between their conflicting schedules and flights, both so busy leading up to this moment.

"I'm so proud of you," she whispered, Jo blushing at the words, "I'm so proud."

"Stop it," Josephine shrugged her off, laughing nervously.

Taylor giggled and went back to her stool, placed her hands around the microphone and said, "You're really hot from the back."

"Security! There's a crazy woman on the stage," Jo mumbled, looking at Gabriel who was sitting in the audience. His father joined him, a special measure because his favourite client gave him a call personally.

Taylor was worried about her security as well as Jo's. Jo had a stalker, and last they had heard, Kennedy was still incarcerated but she was nervous. They weren't taking any chances, so she called in the best.

Gabriel chuckled, shaking his head at the girls. He still never crossed the line between friend and employee, but he couldn't lie, they were funny.

"Did you forget that people in the parking lot can hear you?" Nicole, Jo's publicist said from off the stage. She was sitting with her laptop, a stack of paperwork that never seemed to end. Jo didn't really know what she did, she just knew that Nicole and Tree yelled at them.

"Pfft," Jo smiled, "Of course we didn't."

"You're a bit too much like Tree for me," Taylor told the woman.