I can do this.

I thought you were proud of my bluff. My voice is less snarky than I would like but I said something to them at least.

The shadows hum and drift back into the recesses of my mind to allow me a moment of peace.

I ignore my sigh of relief at their absence. Baby steps. This is just a small set back.

"Just work for the General." I finally answered Los.

"How's Sam?" I ask, wondering after his mate.

He sighs, "We resolved the whole separation fear of breaking up when he leaves Alfea but with the attack a couple of days ago... he's worried for me. He thinks if I stay at Alfea I'll be forced to conscript."

I pause, stomach churning slightly at the thought.

"I'm sure that won't happen." I console, all the while thinking about if it will. If my mates will be conscripted.

"Eh, you're right." He brushes off his previous concern, "There's no use worrying."

I smile and nod slightly.

"How are those mates of yours?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows. "If you know what I mean."

A shocked laugh bursts out of me and I swat at his arm, unable to stop my laughter. Dolos protests and mock defends himself and my cheeks begin to hurt with the size of my smile, my breath coming in slight pants as we giggle and slap each other.

"Pixie?" An awkward voice asks and I freeze, pinning Dolos on his back with his arm in my grasp to stare at my mate.

"Hi." I say somewhat embarrassed before squawking as Los manages to flip us over and my back crashes against the grass.

I let out a dramatic groan as he stands and brushes himself off, greeting Riven with a smile as the pair stare down at me as I lay splayed out on the floor.

I can't be bothered moving.

Too much effort.

"Octa." Sky's worried voice calls and I tilt my head back to see him striding towards me, a worried frown adorning his face.

I smile at him, sitting up to dust myself off as Riven flops down beside me, sprawling onto his back as he clasps his hands behind his head.

"Hi babe," I smile up at Sky as he blocks the sun from my view, his frown replaced by a relaxed look.

"You had me worried for a second." He murmurs gently, lowering himself to the ground on my left before glancing up at the older specialist. "Long time no see, Los. How's the mate."

We all ignore the sharp reminder for Los to back off.

"Overprotective." he smirks, Riv and I share a look when Sky merely nods and smiles back. Sky really has upped his protection game, it's currently endearing but I have fears it'll get suffocating.

Who am I kidding? I love that shit.

A mate willing to kill a pack of Burned Ones for me? Sign me up.

My spine tingles as soft lips place kisses along the side of my neck, moving slowly to gently nibble just below my ear. I gasp in delight at the sensation, leaning back into Riven's arms as he cradles my back against his front.

"Were you enjoying the show earlier, Pixie?" He rasps.

Yes, yes I was. Nothing better than watching your mates fight it out shirtless.

"You stopped the show early." I pout in complaint, watching as Sky and Los converse tensely.

He hums, sliding his arms around my waist, "We can give you a private show if you'd like."