Chapter 43

Anete Point of View

I don't know what to think anymore.

Let's forget about the sudden confession event going on, I'm truly speechless with how things turned out with Choco Drizzle.

Yet again!

I cannot even get if the whole thing is good or not for me. Cacao did not even wait to confirm if Zorion is the real Drizzle or not. He just went on making things right for the so called heartbroken Tiny without even giving any of us a moment to explain.

Now, after he knocked out Zorion with only few words, he is now on his knee before me calling me his cancer.

"What?" I asked softly as I slowly got out of my trance. It's not just me but everyone were brought out of their thoughts.

"You are a huge lump of cancer that I don't want to pull out of me. Anete, in my bright life, you came as a cloud of darkness that gave me a warm feeling." Is he complimenting me or insulting me?

First, I'm a lump of cancer and then I'm a cloud of darkness?

Why does it feel like this is not a proposal exactly?

Just as I was thinking of what to say, Bosc Almond's daughter slowly walked in with a tray in her hands and the tray was covered with a red cloth.

The little girl walked to me and stopped right in front of me. Stretching her hands, she smiled and gestured me to take the tray that was in her hands.

I peeked at Cacao and he encouraged me with a grin. Sighing, I pulled the cloth and when my eyes fell on what was under the cloth, I couldn't help but take a suspicious look at Cacao.

"Do you know what that is, my Butter Tart?" Of course I do.

"Umm, hair? What is the meaning of this?" I glanced at several strands of hair which petrified me.

These disheveled strands of hair looks – familiar.

"From the moment I met you, from the moment I felt the first skip of beat in my heart for you, from the moment you caused several emotions in my heart, I took care of you secretly and these strands of hair is what you shred over the past several months due to lack of proper care. I collected every strand that once lived on your head and treated them as treasure. This is only just a small symbolic instance."

If both, being embarrassed and feeling touched can be felt at the same time, then to me, this is that time.

The amount of fallen hair on the tray is not small. Gosh this is so embarrassing!

But what surprised me the most was how he got hold of my hair from all these months. How he achieved it is beyond me.

Noticing several eyes on me, I tried to cover up the embarrassing moment and hide the hair but Cacao's words came before I could achieve my goal.

"That is my treasure, your treasure is in the small box next to it." It was then I noticed that there was a small box beside my hair on the tray. The box was covered so I did not think about much before.

Without wasting any time, I opened the box and inside is the another patch of hair, this time, the strands are small and clear male-ish.

"You cut your hair for her to treasure it?" Peach, who was silent until now asked out loudly.

"You are still a child, why are interfering in adults matters? Aren't we keeping quiet and giving them time to express their feelings?" Crispin scolded Peach for butting in but still he glanced at us wondering the same as Peach.