Chapter 7

Anete Point of View

God bless these people, this food is the most delicious I ever had.

I swallowed another spoon of this goodness made of sea urchins and I literally felt like my taste buds are pricked by thousands of delicious thorns from the urchins.

Only, the prick was not painful but body numbingly tasty.

"This is Cacao's favorite cuisine, dear. I see you like it too." Sir Cacao's Aunt Owl pushed the bowl towards me to server myself another ladle of it.

"Indeed delicious. Thanks Aunt Owl." I smiled lightly and served another ladle of the dish.

"How is life, dear?" Sir Cacao's mom asked, giving me an elderly wise smile.

"Busy but not bad. Work can be stressful sometimes." Aunts and grandma all nodded their heads in understanding while Sir Cacao shook his head as he is not very understanding.

"Do you have any of my pictures with you? In your mobile or in your room?" He suddenly asked very seriously.

Why is he asking me this suddenly?

"Not really, why?" I replied hesitantly and saw him sigh with such displeasure that I did not see on his face before.

"No wonder you are so stressed out. Don't you know that looking at me several times a day will chase away all the stress and bright hope in life. It's scientifically proven."

Gosh! Can I just pull his cheeks?

He was so serious when he was saying that as if it was a universal fact and I should know at least such a simple thing.

He is adorable.

Controlling the urge to pull his cheeks, I suppressed my grin into a small smile and nodded my head in understanding.

"Which picture should I have with me?" I asked teasingly.

"Why don't you have his whole person? Pictures are for others, not friends and family." My Goodness, Aunt Owl is playing cupid here, isn't she?

I thought Sir Cacao is a professional here but looking at his family, I now know where the source of his knowledge is.

Sir Cacao turned to look at me as he took a sip of water and calmly said, "Do you want fan service? Should I, maybe, give you a wink that calms mind or a miraculous hug to nourish you emotionally or maybe I should smile at you to bring you to the peak of insanity."

He truly loves himself.

Look at the confidence he has in himself! I want to know where and how it is generated.

Everyone snorted or laughed at him and went on with lunch. To say I ate so much that the amount was what I eat for at least four days is not an exaggeration.

I looked at the Almond family and saw that each and every one of them, old and young, male and female, everyone was so fit that I wanted to know where the food is going after it entered their bodies.

They literally completed all the food that was placed on the table.

Even Sir Cacao, who is a Greek God himself, ate heftily. If he ate like this every day, how is he even maintaining his muscles?

"Don't miss your dinner, dear. Make sure you take time to eat well in between your work."

"D-Dinner?" I paled at the name of food.

I cannot eat anything for a week with how much I stuffed in my stomach. My dress tightened almost breathless and my came out as if I am at least five months pregnant.