Chapter 36

Anete Point of View

"Didn't you say –" Before he could complete the sentence, my instincts kicked in and I kicked his leg.

Quite harshly!

He quickly turned to me with wide eyes and I too widened my eyes in warning. With a small, almost negligible shake of my head, I silently told him not talk anything.

But then I suddenly realized a harsh truth. He cannot contain something in his stomach.

The more we tell him to not say out, the more he gets urged to let it out.

"The share shall not be affected by this; however, about JEL name and logo on the product, it is not possible." I hurriedly said, covering up for Cacao also not giving him any chance to speak out.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Cacao biting his lower lip and trying so hard to keep his mouth shut. His hands were tightly fisted and he keeps hitting his thighs.

Awww, poor him!

How hard is he trying to gulp it down!

"I need to tell them that signing this contract is necessary." Cacao whispered in my ear softly.

"No, you can't. Hold it on for a little while longer please." I whispered back seeing that people from JEL are busy discussing among themselves as they are reviewing the contract papers.

"But –" He paused and bit his lip at me and gave me a pout. "Then, kiss me."

Cacao, should you ask me a kiss with such passion?

How am I going to keep being angry and disappointed with you if you show me your adorable passionate side?

This is so unfair to me!

"Now? Here? This is my office and we are in an important meeting with our project partners." I arched my head to my side slightly and gave him a grave look.

"But seriously cannot hold it anymore." He said with urgency and before I can tell him anything anymore, someone from JEL team spoke.

"Since this is our first collaboration, we hope we can discuss about it again." They tried to negotiate again.

Why are you testing me, Lord!

Why can't these people just accept it and sign it quickly?

It was at the tip of my tongue when I was about to say we are not ready to change any of the conditions and terms of the contract; but –

Right at that time...

"We should sign this contract at any cost." And the ominous words were heard.

When the familiar alluring voice let those words out, everyone turned their heads towards him, including me.

My Goodness! I should've gulped my embarrassment and professionalism down and should've just kissed him.

Argh!

"What do you mean, Mr. –" One of the JEL people asked as he trailed off his name. Suddenly JEL's eyes widened and they all looked at Cacao in amazement. "Sir Cacao?"

Hold on; they did not notice him till now?

They did not notice a person like Cacao? They did not see the Sun of summer days and snow on winter nights?

They did not realize that the ruler of hearts was in the same room as them?

I only thought they did not know who he was, which was almost impossible.

"The one and only!" Cacao noticed their happy amazement shining on their faces, he couldn't help grin proudly and bear his chest out in absolute smugness.