Chapter 20

Anete Point of View

I sighed for the nth time in the last half an hour.

I don't know the sighs came out of me were of distressed ones or pleasant ones; or maybe both.

Distressed because a date on a mudflat is tiring and pleasant because as tiring as it is, it is kind of fun and romantic as well.

With him, everything is romantic!

And so, after we donned on respective work wear suitable for mudflats, we proceeded to search, dig and get clams, shrimps and other tidal fish.

"Actually, mudflat – date of muddy romance, was on the emergency list to replace if any of our dates were to go wrong. But since I spilled most of my place, we have to use my emergency list." He beamed as he pulled out another clam from the pit and threw in his basket.

"Emergency list? How many types of dates are listed in it?" I asked but my focus is on the small spade in my hand that I'm trying to put in the mud and dig out.

For the first six times, I either ended up falling on my butt or the mud water splashed refreshingly on my face. I tried to clean myself but after the sixth time, I accepted the result.

I will fall and get dirty more so why bother?

I have been squatting down for a half hour now, I wanted to stand up and stretch a bit but I couldn't feel my legs.

However, it was all forgotten when I got hold of my first produce, a baby shrimp, only the size of a manicured finger nail.

"Currently, three hundred and seventy nine plans and I'm still adding." The spade and shrimp in my hands fell and I looked at Cacao as if I heard something ridiculous.

Close to four hundred date plans?

"Are you trying for the best human vending machine for dating plans? Why do you have so many?" A chuckle left my mouth when I still couldn't get the number out of my head.

"Of course for long term purpose." He smiled at briefly at me and went back to digging.

He was right beside me, his arm touching mine every now and them and his butt touching mine occasionally. I won't say I was electrified by the mere touch like a cliché girl but he has the power to stir chaos inside me.

Damn, him and his sexiness even in this place.

"Oh."

"Do you know why I brought you here for our first date?" He asked after moment's silence.

This time, he turned and looked straight at me with something between affection and sincerity. I shook my head slowly and to be honest, even I want to know what kind of date this is.

Aren't dates or courting activities are supposed to take place in restaurants, lounges, malls, amusement parks and so on?

This is first time seeing someone court his love interest by inviting her to a mudflat promising heaps of work.

"I want to shred everything between us."

"Excuse – me?" I coughed when he said 'everything'.

"Yes. Being conscious of each other on useless things is worst in relationships. So shredding it from the very first time is good." He said and suddenly beamed mischievously at me.

Suddenly my cheek met something wet and realized that he blemished my skin with the wet mud. "Cacao!" I exclaimed and tried to wipe it out but he caught both of my arms and stopped me from doing so.

"Now, I've seen you in one of your not-so-good appearance and I still have the same affection I had a minute ago." Hearing him, I stopped struggling.

Is he trying to make me fall for him to uncontrollable heights?