Chapter 10

Anete Point of View

"Lovely. He looks healthier now."

"Aww, look at this one, isn't she the new addition to the team? So cute."

The small group of little cat kittens surrounded me, some circling around me while a couple of them licking me.

I sat down properly and took the newest kitten to the litter into my arms and rubbed its soft fur. The other kittens one by one jumped into my lap and played around and I, on my part, played with them for a while.

"We thank you, Ma'am. The construction of the next building is going smooth." The supervisor of the place gave me an appreciated nod and a grateful smile.

"Not a problem. The back of the hill will be set to accommodate the bigger animals. Didn't you find some handicapped, hurt and old horses? They can be taken care in the stable on the back of the hill."

"Thank you, ma'am." She bowed once again as she provided me with the new list of rescued pet animals.

The horses for example, when they are healthy and good, people used them however they wanted and they proven useless, they just threw them away.

Thankfully, the lady superior of this place has enough heart to save those animals and tend to them.

"Ms. Carling, the honored guest is here." A lady I remember to be the caretaker of rabbits, hurried over to us with a huge smile that I did not even see her give one when she got another rabbit to her list.

I raised my brow at both the ladies to which they smiled brightly at me and asked me to tag along.

Giving back the little kittens back to the their caretaker, I stood up and walked over to the reception hall behind them.

"There's someone here to buy pets?"

"No, there's someone more important and he is here to help us with a problem." Mrs. Carling grinned affectionately suddenly.

I mean, who is making this old lady smile so affectionately? That kind of smile, she only gives one to newly born mice.

The lady loves rats and to be clear, she first started her career as a caretaker of mice/rats.

You can imagine her connection to them!

For someone to be on the equal grounds as her favorite mice, this guest should be someone very important in her heart.

And that person was someone whom I wasn't expecting to meet here of all the places.

My view was filled with the familiar back of reeking handsomeness. My heart skipped a beat when he turned around towards in a slow motion, making the whole screenplay of the scene absolutely amazing.

The air around flowed in circles as if even the nature can feel the change. It was as if wind is giving its greetings to the person standing before me by the way how his silky hair was dancing softly on his head.

"Welcome, Mr. Almond. We are so honored to have you here. I'm the supervisor of this place; you can call me Mrs. Carling." She offered her hand for a shake followed by an elderly giggle.

The supposed Mr. Almond gave her a lopsided smile and grabbed her hand tightly for a strong handshake.

"Mrs. Carling, ah, look at you, are you sure you are not twenty three?" He spoke and twirled her by her hand and nodded to himself like he is confirming his previous claim.

"Sadly, only at heart." Mrs. Carling sighed disappointedly causing her subordinate snicker at her words. "This is?"

"This is another Mr. Almond, Bartlett, my little brother and my plus one for the day." And before Mrs. Carling offer her hand for Bartlett, Sir Cacao stopped her funnily saying his little brother is scared of women but what is more funny was he asked her to only show male pets to him and to keep female pets away from him.