Chapter 38

Anete Point of View

Ice shards met fire sparks!

Both leveling up each other, I and Drizzle went from being secretly hostile to openly murderous.

If eyes has the power to kill, then both of us would have been dead for thousands of times already. Only, the person stuck in between was someone I love.

Such a strange and troublesome situation this is.

"First round of the quiz game is know-it-all. There is a bell buzzer on each table; I shall ask the question and the one who knows the answer can ring the bell. Each right answer will be awarded with ten points." While the host was explaining the rules of the quiz game, Cacao looked at me pitifully which I ignored and turned away my head.

"You sure you don't want to play this with your boyfriend?" Mr. Bernal asked with a small amused smirk. I nodded and shrugged without explaining any further.

"It's first time I'm seeing the great Sir Cacao so pitiful." Mr. Bernal snorted but the amusement in his eyes was as big as his mountain self.

When the Cacao said that Talia was Mr. Bernal's girlfriend, the host thought that Cacao was joking with him and waved off the joke telling him to continue playing the game on friendship grounds.

This caused Cacao to be so pitiful that for a moment my heart softened like a jelly.

"First question, What is it that makes a person both pleasurable and sad at the same time." The moment the host finished the question, I pressed on the bell so hard that it made me wonder how it did not turn into powder yet.

"Table no 4, Miss Allard, please answer."

"Death." I answered as I glanced at Talia briefly. Cacao covered his horrified gasp behind series of coughs and Mr. Bernal covered his laughter behind series of coughs while others in the restaurant just plainly gasped out loud.

Talia paled like she was nothing more than a transparent sheet.

"It's not the right answer but still if your answer is reasonably explained then you will be awarded with points." Hearing the host speak, I just shrugged.

"Death of oneself is sad; death of your enemy will make your pleasurable beyond skies." The whole hall went silent, pin drop silence enveloped me.

I briefly turned around and saw that everyone was looking at me with mixture of emotions and the thing that caught me off guard was that there was a hint of understanding and agreement.

The host, however, was now swimming in sweat as he fearfully looked at me. But thanks to everyone who voiced out their acceptance in answer, the points were allotted.

The host, although looked taken aback, he still geared up his wits and continued. Cacao, at this time, looked at me gave thumbs up with both his hands looking so proud of himself.

"Right, next question, what is heavy but still doesn't weigh at all." This time, both I and Talia smashed the bell together at the same time.

The host must've seen our hostility towards each other so he diplomatically said that whosever answer is more reasonable, he would take in that answer to which the other participants also agreed enthusiastically.

"Elephant."

"Bad luck." Both I and Talia said at the same time. The host asked Talia to explain her answer first so I waited for my chance.

"Bad luck is heavy to bear but it has no actual weight." When Talia completed, everyone nodded in agreement and then looked at me for my answer.

"Once you are crushed under its feet, the departed soul cannot feel its weight anymore." I shrugged and answered without any hesitation.