Chapter 16

Anete Point of View

Truly, I really don't want to do this.

Cacao tried to stop this from happening, he really did but his sister Peach is rather a cunning person. She has been targeting for my approval from the very beginning because she knew if I fell in her trap, her brother would too.

That little girl is only sixteen but her mind works like a Hitler went banshee.

She is a fox... of course with a condition!

"You need to have conviction, Anete." Conviction? For this?

I mean, I don't get scared easily but this girl has a talent to get people creep up. However, my only solace is Cacao who is not doing any better.

"What kind of performing arts is this? You could've chosen dancing or singing or something normal for your project." Cacao grumbled but his voice sounded as normal as it always was. There is no annoyance or disbelief in it.

But then again, they are used to unexpected situations so I guess they are trained for this from their mother's womb.

"I was battling between presenting a drama or this and after much thought with you both in mind; this won. Isn't it exciting though?" I actively shook my head, not agreeing to her but Cacao looked hesitant to say anything.

Is it because he is scared of his little sister?

Or does he find this fun in real sense?

It can't be right?

He can't be having fun doing this.

"Why do you have such projects anyway?" I asked in a low voice, looking around at the dark and empty except for us room.

"It's our final year in high school next year. The management of our school always does this to encourage students to find out their interest of study next. I've always been interested in performing arts. This project is to encourage me and see what exactly I like." Peach explained with a peachy smile.

"And you chose to perform dark magic? It's an Occult practice." That's right. Like Cacao said, some may take this in an entertaining way but this will not be welcomed and appreciated by many.

"Well, this is a performing art too so why not. If we don't take the first step then who will?" If this is not about practicing dark magic by taking lessons from Youtube and other weird sites, Peach sounds like a youth influencer.

We are in the middle of circle of candles, Cacao and I holding hands over another candle in the middle while chanting something absurd she wrote for us.

We have been trying this from an hour and nothing happened.

Except for candle wax melting and replacing with another, nothing happened.

"Then do you have a plot for the drama you didn't choose?" I asked, hoping to change her mind some way or the other.

Because at the end of the day, it is I and Cacao who has to go to stage and perform this madness. This will be one heck of embarrassment that could beat the time when I jumped into a murky lake in a bikini thinking it was a pool.

"Of course, I always have a plan B."

"Let's hear the plot and see which one is interesting and fun." I encouraged her to narrate the story.

"So it starts with our male protagonist who is rich, popular and CEO of his own business empire. He is super influential." Okay, that is an okay start.

"Go on." Cacao encouraged with a frown.