Chapter 34

Anete Point of View

I rubbed my eyes to see if what I'm seeing is right or not. No matter how many times I brush away it as a delusion, in the end, it proved to be not.

I raised my head and looked between the handsome face before me and the paper in my hand.

"No." I finally said firmly and pushed the paper towards him.

"It's already signed and duly stamped Butter tart. Like it or love it, I am yours at convenience." Cacao smiled down at me mischievously and by God I almost lost my breath.

I nealy gave in my resolution and smiled back at him. However, the once the Allard's trademarked stubbornness is triggered, we can be pretty intolerably stubborn.

So I controlled myself and continued to put on a blank face.

"I will talk to Ilaria." I stood up but he stopped me right away.

"She will not take the orders back. She already got reward for helping me with this. You are stuck with me, Anete." Reward?

She can do this to her own sister for a reward?

But then again, if the name of the reward starts with 'D' and ends with 'n' then she might as well sell Zorion off.

I continued to struggle because even though this empire belongs to me as much as it belongs to Ilaria and Zorion, Ilaria is still the eldest and she is still the chairperson who has some authority over me and Zorion.

I huffed in frustration because I was giving Cacao silent treatment and was avoiding him because one, I was slightly disappointed with him even though he did not do any mistake intentionally per se and two, because I want to increase my importance in his life.

These past few days I realized that he got me too easily and so even though my feelings for him are as deep as a wormhole, I started to doubt if his feelings for me is even as deep as a rabbit pit.

So, after watching all the videos of Cacao's again, I realized that the main element called 'struggle' is missing from his part.

Also, I was too docile and agreeable till now. He showed me what Almonds are, I should also show him what Allards are too.

He will not be able to withstand the Allard's storm!

I pressed my lips in determination and with a firm resolution of wanting to make him struggle and still pull him to me, I glared back at him.

"You are a celebrity, won't be able to work as a PA." I said and waved my hand to take the letter and leave.

"Then teach me along the way."

"You will be standing and waiting on me. That will be inconvenient."

"Isn't that the duty of every man after getting married? I will take it as valuable experience." Is it? From when did husbands wait on wives; their own wives especially?

"It seems you really want to work with me." I nodded and accepted his letter of appointment.

Since he is adamant, I will also show him how disappointed I was and how headstrong I can be.

I am an Allard!

"You can start from tomorrow. Be here by seven in the morning sharp with my coffee and the schedule for whole week." I waved at him wanting him to go away but what I did not expect was for him to hold my hand and kiss it.

"As per your command, darling." He licked the place where he kissed and threw a carefree grin at me which is filled with flirtatious intentions.

Just a peck on hand from him caused my stomach to have monstrous butterflies flying around. And that lick in the end; dear lord, I almost gave in.