Chapter 23

Sir Cacao Point of View

'Love is not a pimple that comes once every now and then,

Love is a full blown acne that stays and imprints you for lifetime.'

However, my story with Anete, my relationship with her did not reach the boundaries of acne yet. Although I would like for it to reach there soon, I know time is what we need until we realize that amazing feeling.

Amazing feelings of accepting the acne filled face as it is and find ourselves beautiful rather than cutting the head off the neck.

"You are zoning out again." Devon, my cousin who is a man, why pull me out of my philosophical mood?

"I have a girlfriend to zone out on." I shrugged strolling through the stables to pick a horse for a ride.

My favorite horse, the guy I raised myself, Diesel, was taken away by my cousin Quince for a ride. Diesel is the best one of all the horses here and I raised him with my own hands. I even named him after my father's nickname.

Well, part of the reason was to be the person in authority with at least one Diesel.

"I thought you just started out? You are already zoning out on her?" He asked and sighed as he finally chose his horse.

"We are going strong every passing day. I estimate that by the end of this year, we will be like fishes in love with water." And there it is, the horse I will be riding.

It's an Arabian youth, Spatula, an offspring of two Arabian ethnic sweethearts. To be honest, Spatula is a love child. I counseled his parents into uncontrollable love before their mating a few years ago an poof, Spatula was born.

"Spatula, my boy! How long has it been we went on a run together? Come here, my pancake turner!" I laughed out when Spatula lunged into me for a hugs and kiss and pets.

Just as I and Devon walked out with our dear rides, we heard loud squeals, ahhs, oohs, hooos. Seeing thart Devon had no change in his expression I thought of rattling him a little.

"Poor Ilaria." A sad sigh left my mouth. From my peripheral vision, I noticed that there was no crack in his stoic expression yet.

Compared to him, I think I find even stones smiling at me.

"Was she hurt already?" I Spoke above whisper, adding a little dramatic tone to it.

"Hurt?" Okay, nice. Although there is no expression change on his face, it's still a great start.

He actually questioned!

"You don't know? Ilaria doesn't know how to ride. But you know how she is, if there is something she doesn't know, she will definitely try and learn it. But riding a horse is not stacking up lego blocks." With another sigh of pity that has enough dramatics in it, I rolled my eyes to look at him stealthily.

His face was contorted of practically nothing. I mean, when God was handing over expressions, did he run away?

"They were out to ride several minutes ago and I hope she is not hurt yet. Let's go, brother." I hooted and rode on Spatula.

Devon suddenly got out of his own thoughts and started to ride like his tail is on fire.

Ah, seems like the fire is lit!

Ilaria, you should take advantage of it now. It's all in your hands. I hope you get hurt a little and may fate bring you to your caretaker.

And so we passed the hill and went to where the other family members are enjoying their rides. Anete was there standing beside the horse she chose and was chatting with it.