Chapter 28

Anete Point of View

"He's here. He's here." The moment I heard Peach running towards me, I summoned all those known and unknown hidden skills inside me.

He's here.

It's time to do what I ought to.

"Bartlett, it's time." I said in hurry to which he gave me a constipated look.

"Are you sure you want to do this? He is not a fool, you know." He sighed and came towards, still keeping his distance from me.

I nodded to him in confirmation and chanted in my mind that I can do it like a mantra.

Never have I ever thought that I would get down into theatrics in my life. But then again, since situation and time is demanding it, I need to unleash the real Anete from the slumber.

When loud hurried footsteps were coming closer, Peach gave me a wink and I turned to the troublesome helper in the whole team a pleading glance, "Bartlett, you should be possessed by your role. Please."

Since it has already come to this, I have to make this happen on my terms. Bartlett is a scared of female gender, I wonder if I could come out of this plan safely.

My future brother-in-law, please keep your head straight.

"Butter tart, Anete," Cacao came inside the bedroom I was in, in a hurried manner. I immediately laid back on the bed and closed my eyes.

"Ah, brother, you are here." Bartlett, can you be anymore robotic?

It is quite clear that you are acting. Is that called acting?

"What happened? Why did Anete faint?" I suppressed my smile when I heard concern in his tone. He came to me, sat next to me and took my hand in his.

"She came to wish you good luck but you already left by that time. So, we were just chatting about this and that and she suddenly fainted." Good, I can still count on Peach; thankfully.

"Then why didn't you take her to the hospital?"

"Aiya, I called our fifth cousin already. He will be here soon. You calm down; I'll go and call him again while you take care of Anete." Peach excused herself and went out.

Okay. Bartlett, now please ask him what you should. It's your turn now.

"How was your fan meet?" I think this guy is the main voice for robots. He just speaks so binary-ly!

"I didn't even get to say a word before I got your call. Forget it, Anete is more important. What exactly happened and why are you the one to call me?"

Yes yes, I'm more important so let's forget about this Choco Drizzle girl, Cacao.

"When Anete fainted, Peach was crying out loudly like someone died. When I came here and saw everything, I immediately called you while Peach called fifth. Mom and dad are not home so I had to call you instead." As much as his tone is so superficial, his command on the script is awe-inspiring.

But the main credit goes to Peach. I just had to tell her the scene and she prepared such a flawless script. She even guessed her elder brother's reaction and gave answers in it.

Truly a talented girl.

"My poor butter tart, what happened to you suddenly!" Cacao's tone softened and I felt a kiss on the back of my hand. He turned my hand around and stiffened for a whole minute before rubbing my palm with his fingers.

"Blood?" His fingers then trailed over the skin below my nose where the traces of blood are still there. "So she was having a nose bleed."

"Did she eat or do something before she got into this condition?" Uh huh! This question is from out of the syllabus!