Chapter 40

Anete Point of View

"He is really not here. I can't believe it."

I looked around and indeed realized that that pest was clearly hiding from me. He even chose to miss the important event as such.

But how long will he hide. I will get him out of his hole very soon.

I looked at Ilaria who was sitting beside me and gave her a meaningful glance. She immediately understood and acted on it.

"Tiny dear, are you sure he loves you?" Ilaria asked and all the eyes stared down at her.

Tiny Almond blinked her eyes once, twice and then with a brightest smile that was similar to Cacao's, she said "Of course. He loves me more than anything in this world. He can kill himself without regret if it means he could look at my smile once more."

"I have to apologize beforehand for my blunt words; I don't think he values you that much. Even though he is my brother, I have to be frank with you. Or else why is he not here on such an important day?" Ilaria said slowly, deliberately inciting some hard feeling for Zorion in Tiny's heart.

The Almond family members did not talk about this much but seeing how they did not counter Ilaria, they must be agreeing to what she said.

Alright! Good!

Zorion, let's see how long will you continue to hide.

Ilaria is called the most influential businesswoman in the world for a reason because when she grasped the atmosphere in the room, she continued, "This is a meeting between two family to discuss about the wedding between Zorion and you. It is necessary that along with family, the bride and groom also should be present so we could proceed with the matrimonial ceremony according to interests of both bride and groom as well their families."

I had to hand it over to Ilaria, she was phenomenon with these kind of 'retreat to advance' tricks. She used a soft tone and scolded Zorion while still making sure showing that she is in Tiny's team.

The Almond elders looked at Tiny for a moment and asked her to contact Zorion again and see if he could come for a short period of time.

Everything about Almonds is excellent but when it comes to understanding situations, they are too good that sometimes it makes people want to kick themselves.

They know Zorion is a busy person and did not insist but when they heard Ilaria, they still wanted to know if Zorion could come for a short time and by no way are they imposing on him or being insensitive to him.

They understand and respect people, their work and their time a little too much.

I looked around the room and my eyes caught Peach's. I subtly sent her a wink and she immediately understood what I meant.

"You know, what she said was right. Of course work and money are important but to our future brother-in-law, Tiny should be his priority right now. Also now that we are having the discussion about wedding, how can we proceed forward without his input?" I'm going to give the best things in the world to Peach.

She is such a sweetheart. I love her so much!

Taking this as the opportunity, I finally opened my mouth, "Although we sisters know Zorion very well, we still cannot make these decisions for him. It is still better for Tiny and him to talk it out by themselves. After all, we are still family and we should follow with the plans according to their likes and convenience."

Usually, it should be us that should be covering up for Zorion and Almonds to make demands regarding Zorion's absence.

But here, it's all reverse.