Chapter 27

Sir Cacao Point of View

I finally seemed to have gathered the strength –

Anete read out loud and stared back at me again for the nth time. I nodded to her and encouraged her to continue.

To meet you in person.

She finished the sentence successfully and looked up at me again, her eyes silently asking me if what she read was true.

She is jealous. I could smell it from another planet.

And she is confused and a little hurt. I can see that even from next galaxy.

Her face went back to being blank and composed a few minutes later before she was ready to confront me. I have been reading her every moment closely and to say she was jealous of my fan Drizzle is a huge understatement.

"How nice! You – you can finally meet your greatest fan and close friend after years of anonymity. Con-gratulations." The smooth spotless skin on her neck is now adorned with bluish green nerves that she got from gritting her teeth too much.

She is enraged and no matter how beautiful she looked, I didn't like it. This particular anger on her face pricked my heart. It gave birth to an uncomfortable feeling to me, telling me, yelling at me and shouting at me that she should never be angered due to such issues.

"But why does she want to meet you so suddenly after being anonymous for so many years? You said she always made sure she was mysterious and tried hard to not meet you face on at all?"

"Now that you say it, I think so too. But then again, she is a fan and at one point they do want to meet their idols." I shrugged casually but in my mind and heart, I am so damn rattled.

Not because I was to meet my fan but because of the how Anete is feeling right now.

"I find it suspicious." She stated firmly and looked dead at me, silently insisting me to believe her.

"What is so suspicious about it, Better tart. If we are not comfortable with this idea, then I will not meet her. It's as simple as this."

"What if she is not what you think she is?"

"I don't think of her in anyway so there is no scope of disappointment or satisfaction." I answered back truthfully.

I agree that Choco Drizzle is a very good friend of mine and I do feel comfortable with sharing my thoughts with her but she is not Anete.

I have a clear distinction between how I look at both of them. One is my confidante and the other is the love of my life.

"So you want to go." In reply, I nodded.

Although she looks to be quite furious and incredibly jealous, I want to go on this date. Not because I'm dying to meet Drizzle but I want to know what makes Drizzle so different from other woman that made Anete so restless.

She is usually so understanding and smart but only Drizzle's mention could crack her. Why is that?

Drizzle isn't even in the main line of our story so what is it about her that makes Anete so defensive?

"Fine. But let me tell you this once again, I still find this very suspicious."

"I'll keep that in mind." I nodded and kissed her forehead. She huffed and turned away her face, clearly showing how she is feeling.

"Come on, if this is really suspicious, I should at least go and see it to myself right. Moreover as much as I say that this can be considered as blind date, it is not. This is only a small meet between a fan and her idol. Also, look at me – come on, just look at me once." I held her face in my hands and turned it towards me.