Chapter 21

Sir Cacao Point of View

"You are cheating." When those words left her pink lips and reached my ears, they not just dug my ears but my heart too.

Cheating?

Did she mean I was cheating her? Her?

How can she say that? How can she look at me with eyes that one look at a real cheater?

My heart was now parboiled, stewed and shredded mercilessly by her simple statement.

"Did you – did you just say I was cheating? How could you?" My hand automatically went to my heart where it now hurts and gasped for air as I looked at her with hurt hunting in my eyes.

"But you did. How was it that you are winning every time? I'm a businesswoman; I didn't even win one game in sixteen rounds we played." Anete exclaimed. She walked to me and caught my hand, checking to see if I hid any cards in my sleeves or collar or anywhere on my body.

It's a kind of ping ball roulette card game that Frazer invented. It involves both the pin ball roulette and cards in this game. The cards we have is how we determine the winner and the way we get those cards is by trying our luck at ping ball roulettes.

So it is basically a combination of luck and skill you need to win a game.

"You should not think as a businesswoman to win this game. You should possess a fraud's soul into you." I explained showing how disappoint I was at her way of thinking. But when I saw her narrowing her eyes at me, I quickly continued, "That doesn't make me a cheater. You can think like a fraud and still play honestly without cheating."

For the first time, I saw Anete pout; and she never pouts. She has always been too prim and elegant with what she shows others.

The moment her lips puckered out slightly, I was a done deal.

Devil was summoned into me and was suggesting me to try some unexplainable things to her.

"P-put those lips inside your mouth." I cleared my throat and turned my face away from her.

I don't want to kiss her with all the family members around.

"Why?"

"You are pouting." I said as if she should understand but glancing at her from my peripheral vision, I can say she did not understand.

"But how?"

"Hmm?"

"Never mind. We are playing again. Let's see how you will win this time." She challenged me and went to the ping ball roulette.

Challenge accepted.

"Let's make a bet. The one who wins this round of game has to fulfill the bet we agreed upon." I suggested confidently.

"Okay." She tipped her chin up confidently and looked at me like a fierce hippo.

"My heart goes first." Anete looked around as if making sure no one heard it, all the while controlling the smile that was trying to break on her face.

She was blushing like a fresh apple and heart on my hand – no – hand on my heart, she is so beautiful.

"If I win, you have to tell me why me."

"Why you? Why you what?"

"Why did you choose me to court – date."

"No problem. If I win, you have to arrange a blind date for me."

"Oka – What?" Anete nearly yelled causing the others from other tables glance at us curiously. I shook my head at them with a smile telling them we are just joking around.