Chapter 28: Alleviate

Mulai dari awal

-"I still don't think it's enough." Rosita says as we carry the weapons to the car.

-"It's a start." Aaron says.

-"At least there was some stuff." Tara says.

-Before we leave I notice a small campfire that wasn't here when I left with my dad and the others.

-"I'll be right out." I say to them.

-I go to it and look at it. I don't know what to think of it. It could've just been travelers going by and needing a safe place but could it have been from my father. From Kayden? Jasmine and Emily? I don't know is all I establish. I walk over to the three graves that are separate from the others. Miranda's, Diana, and Mariah's.

-Looking at Miranda's grave just fills me with hatred. She never had to do anything she ever did to me. She knew what her son was doing to me but didn't do anything to stop it. All because my dad cheated on her with my mother.

-I spit on Miranda's grave. "You were a bitch and you know it letting the biters tear you apart was the best thing I ever did."

-Then I speak to Diana, and Mariah's graves. "I'm sorry for the way you two died. I should have been able to protect you." I say to them. I remember the feeling of relief when I told them what Cody did to me how freeing it felt like to talk to someone about it. It might have been brisk but it made me feel better.

-I leave the camp feeling better than I did coming here.

-We put the guns in a safe location so the saviors won't find them if they do a surprise visit.

-We're told Rick and Michonne left to go on a supply run as well.

-I end up staying the night with Carl. Rick and Michonne weren't home so there weren't any rules.

-----------

-April 26th 606 days since the start of the end of the world.

-"I wish you weren't leaving today." Carl says while we are snuggling in his bed, well floor bed because the saviors took his mattress.

-"I know you don't, but Maggie and Sasha need help training the hilltop to fight." I say.

-"Don't you wish we weren't in a constant battle." Carl says.

-"After we win against the saviors things still won't be normal but they will be better." I say.

-"Even after I know Maggie won't come back to Alexandria. Neither will you." Carl says.

-"I will visit often, don't worry." I say.

-"Maybe I'll go with you." Carl says.

-"But your dad needs you here." I say.

-"Not now but maybe once things are "normal" we could be at the hilltop together. I know this sounds crazy because of how young we are but I can picture starting a family with you. Being with you for the rest of my life."

-"I want to be with you for the rest of my life too." I say to him.

-We start making out and it's broken up by the cries of Judith.

-Carl goes to get up to attend to his sister.

-"I got it." I say to him.

-I go to walk out of the room.

-"Turn around for a second."

-"Why?" I say and turn around.

-"I just wanted to look at you again." Carl says.

-"Okay." I say and laugh. I get Judith out of her crib. She has tears down her cheeks.

-"Did you have a nightmare sweetheart." I say and rock her back and forth.