I never thought that my mind can come up with such violent thoughts too. Time and fate indeed has the magic of turning people into anything they want.

Suddenly a pitter patter sound pulled me out of my thoughts. Before I wonder if it is raining or not, the cause for the sound already presented itself before us.

There, on the small platform, the host wetted his pants in front of everyone and his eyes looked shaky when he looked at me.

"Uh, Butter Tart, seems like –" Cacao cleared his throat and started but one look from me, he changed the tone of it and gave me a big smile. "- you are amazing. Too smart and so beautifully answered." He clapped his hands awkwardly and cleared his throat.

The host was pulled inside by the staff and soon enough, another gentleman took over as the host. On reasonable grounds, he awarded ten points to Talia.

At this, Talia smiled provokingly at me and smiled coldly at her.

You are scared but trying to cover it huh! Let me make it even scarier for you.

"The final question of the first round is, everyone in the world needs it, but they usually give it without taking it. What is it?"

Without any hesitation, I pressed the bell and answered. "Advice. I hope some people here take their own advice too." I answered and mocked alongside but the one who should understand already understood what I meant.

I was awarded with points right away and also with some pouts from the said person.

"Should you be like this with me? Is your heart not aching? Are your eyes not moist? Is your soul not troubled?" Ah, and the drama starts!

I sneezed at his cold drama and not even glanced at him. But in this whole scenario, the only person who is having fun was Mr. Bernal.

He is having the fun of his life. He must be enjoying what started out to be a business dinner and turned out to be a war.

He is enjoying all the rights and rewards as a spectator!

"First round, Table four won twenty points and table seven won ten points. The second round is quiz about their partners and only the male partners should answer them."

My eyes slightly narrowed at the sudden turn of events.

"First question, what does your partner like about you the most?" Not even the question was completely completed, Cacao pressed the bell.

"Everything." He answered but for a change, he was not looking at his partner but at me.

"How lovely. Is it right, Miss." The host asked Talia.

Before she answered him, Cacao cut in and answered it for her. "You can't be serious. May it be my partner or his partner or anyone's partner, everyone like everything about me. This is a universal fact." Cacao spoke in a tone that told everyone how offended he was.

Surely the host got the meaning and immediately nodded his head when everyone in the hall agreed to it.

"Name one thing that your partner hates." This time, surprisingly, Mr. Bernal pressed the bell first.

Uh, why did he press the buzzer?

I raised a brow at him and he casually gave me a shrug and went on to answer. "That lady over there."

For a moment, no one understood what he meant. Suddenly a bulb went off in my mind and that was when I understood.

Talia! Indeed, I hate her the most!

I nodded my head furiously at host, totally supporting the answer. "You sure know how to read people."

"Cannot be compared to your boyfriend."

"Last question, One habit of your partner's that you like." As expected, Cacao took the chance and pressed the buzzer.

For a second there, he looked at Talia and then looked back at me. "Many. The way she plays with proverbs at every situation is my favorite of all."

"So to say, Miss Talia is good with proverbs."

"Oh she is great at them." Cacao nodded at the host.

"Then how about we ask Miss Talia a couple of proverbs." The host said and everyone's attention turned to the mutated seaweed.

If she paled to a transparent sheet earlier, she was not completely invisibly pale. Nonetheless, she nodded her head with a hesitant and frightened chuckle.

Ah now, this is interesting!

"How about this, we participants will take charge of this quiz." Mr. Bernal suddenly suggested as he turned and looked at the host. "Three proverbs, the first to press the bell can say the first half of the proverb and Miss Talia will complete. If answered correctly, then the final prize can be given to her and no one minds about it."

Somehow, Mr. Bernal is so sure about what he is doing. Nonetheless, what he did is very helpful to me and quite interesting too.

Everyone agree and the first to press the bell was a middle aged lady from table number three. "There is no shame in not knowing; ___"

Amazing. This is a simple proverb actually and I had used it a few times in my letters too. If Cacao truly knows the content of my letters by heart, then he will surely know this.

Cacao turned to Talia and looked at her expectantly. Talia, by this time, was already washing our feet with her sweat.

In this two minutes of time, she looks like she nearly lost ten kilos of weight.

"Uh, umm, k-knowing is kno-knowledge?"

I'm sorry what?

What kind of saying is this? This is such a simple and easy proverb!

There is no shame in not knowing; knowing is knowledge? Absurd!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Boring?

Anete is burning with rage. Your views?

Anete's answers are too much, right? What do you all think?

Poor Cacao, he is stuck between his girlfriend and fake friend. 

Talia truly is a very knowledgeable person. Her command on proverbs is second to none. 

Will Talia's truth come out now?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim