ninety seven

London Reed
I stare at the wall, sitting on Harry's couch with Cherry next to me. I didn't sleep much at all last night, I can't help but I feel guilty for being alive when he gave his life up for me. I would have told him to never do that.

I don't understand this world.

He..was killed for my freedom. It's so fucked up. Harry had to go out, now Louis was gone he's had to do a lot. So Millie and I sat next to each other, no words really being shared for a good 20 minutes.

I just petted Cherry and I hear Millie sigh. I decided to finally make a conversation. "Mills...Do you remeber anything about Louis in high school?"

She sighs. "I do." She nods. "It was a long time ago...he was in year 7, and I only just started school, we went to one of those schools that had all hear levels. It was a few days after Anita, so he was moody and hated her, but...I remember he had 5 bucks, and I came up to him because I really wanted something from the school canteen. He gave me his $5 he earned, so I could buy something."

I frown. "He's like that." I whisper to myself.

"I bought some chips for him but when I went to find him, he was in an argument with Anita, and she tried to get him to forgive her. So before I could give him any, he walked away and she looked at me like she knew I saw that."

I nod hoping for her to continue. "I never told him this, but she came up to me, and asked if I was his sister, and when I nodded she told me to tell him to go over to her house or she'd throw my chips out, and I never told him."

I wince. "I also remember he took a hit for me. Luca went to backhand me, but Louis stood in front of me first. He later claimed he'd rather him than me."

"Really?"

She nods. She puts her hands on her stomach and sigh. "I wonder what Louis would do if he knew I was having a baby."

"I think k he'd be happy for you."

"Really?" She looks at me.

I nod. "Do you know why Louis never wanted children?"

She shakes her head. "I didn't know. I'm just going to assume everything with Anita and his childhood abuse."

I frown again. "Neither of you deserved that. I'm sos sorry Millie...the only family never you had."

"I'll be okay. Besides, I have Harry. I'll miss him a shit ton, but...I think I'll be okay." She smiles softly.

"I'm here for you, if you need anything, including anything with your baby."

"Thanks Lon, you feel like my sister."

"Well....if Louis and I ever got married...you would be."

She notices and grins. "You want to marry him don't you?"

I blush. "No! Well...I dunno. Maybe if we had more time, possibly. But, It's never something Louis wanted."

She shrugs. "Louis never wanted to love a girl again, but he did." She shrugs and I crack a smile, the first one since he died. She smiles too, and I felt the pain in my cheeks from the smile.

"I hope he sees my mom."

I smile sadly again. "I hope he tells her I love her, and I'm sorry, for both of them."

"Sweetie...I'm sure your mom wanted you to live your life."

"But...if I wasn't here she might still be." She shrugs.

"Come here." I open my arms and she hugs me, leaning k to me some more. "I love you, Mills."

"I love you too." She says back.

This wasn't something I was going to get over in a heartbeat, it would be a long time before I ever got over it. My heart feels empty now he's not here.

I already miss him and it's been 24 hours..

//
DONE. THIS WAS THE LAST CHAOTER I HAD TO WROTE IN 2024!!

omg the first TS Melbourne N1 I finish this 😻😻