fifty

Louis Tomlinson
I decided I would be nice today, considering London didn't feel well this morning when I left. I don't know why, but I couldn't skip work today and she knew it. I also felt bad for her because I realise how long I'm actually gone, and she doesn't have anyone to talk to, and she's locked inside because I can't let anyone in and she can't leave.

So after I finished working around 6, I had the idea on the way home to buy something for her that would keep her company. And I've wanted her to smile at something other than me pretending and I hate that she smiles at me, because she doesn't deserve to smile at me, because I'm not who she thinks, even if she knows my past.

So when I walk into a small shop with lots of noises coming from small dogs in glass pens. The girl looks up at me and I didn't want to talk to anyone today. "Hi," she smiles.

"Hi," I greet and look at all the small puppies curled around each other under the heat lamps, some gulping up water and some were sitting there, staring at me. "I wanna get me...um..friend, a puppy, but I don't want a big dog, something that is still small even fully grown," I explain, struggling to label London.

"So just like a lap dog?"

Whatever that is.

I nod. She brings me over to all the small puppies that look so little, and so fluffy. A black and brown one looks at me, while the others sleep. "That one will do," I point to the one that was looking at me, tilting it's tiny head and wagging its tail.

"It's a girl," she picks it up and goes to hand it to me but I just look at it. "I have to go sign you into the care of it, I'll be back,"

I nod and walk off, down the aisles and pick up a dog collar, grabbing that and a lead. I stuff it into my pockets, bending them and I get a dog toy from the shelf and stuff it also in my pocket. I roll my eyes and pick up a plastic bowl and a bag of puppy food, meaning I'll have to buy those.

"You better like this, brat," I refer to London, placing them on the counter.

"Perfect, just scan your number here," I hold my wrist up and she looks at the screen. "Owner of London Reed?"

"Mhm," I look away.

"Perfect," she scans the other things. "That's just 125 in total,"

I hold my card up, scan my number and then scan my card. She smiles and hands me the stuff, and walks over to the puppy. She picks it up and strokes it head a few times. "She's all yours,"

I scoop up and hold it through my arms and it's stomach was extremely warm. I smile, fake. "Thanks,"

"Have a good day,"

I just leave, tossing the food and bowl in the floor in the passenger side, and place the dog on my lap, it sits down and I stroke it small head and I could feel it's skull through it's fur.

I shuffle myself to get the lead and collar, ripping the collar from its packaging. I look at the pink collar with cherries on the collar. I unclip it and wrap it around its neck and tighten it but loosely. I clip it up and it nuzzles into my hand.

"Don't get to attached to me," I shake my head. "I reckon London will like you.." I realise, lifting it up. "Certainly are a girl aren't you?" I snicker. I put the collar on it's clip, and I place it on the other seat and I start the car.

I drove home, and when I got home, I could see the TV playing through the front window with the lights on. I grab the dog under the stomach and forget the other stuff.

I walk to the door and unlock it with my code, but when I open the door I see her cooking away, doing about four things at once. I smile and put the dog down which rushes over to her. She gasps and looks down, double looking.

She puts down what she was doing and gasps. "Oh my god!" she picks it up. "Hello," she smirks as it started to lick her cheeks. I close the door and she looks at me. Her smile only widens when it happily moved around in her arms. "Louis...what is this?"

"She's yours,"

Her eyes snap to mine and they widen. "Mine?" she gapes. "You got me a puppy?" she says in shock and I nod. "Oh my god, what's its name?"

"It's yours to name," I shrug, tossing the toy on the floor. She looks down at the dog that she holds up under the arms. "It's a girl,"

"Oh god..I don't know,"

"Think," I shrug.

"Hmm..." she hums, bringing its small body to her and it barks softly. "What about...Cherry? Because it's got cherries on its collar,"

I shrug. "Thank you so much for this, but can I ask why you got me a puppy?"

"Because...I know you get bored and lonely so I thought a puppy will cheer you up," I shrug and she puts it down, bending over to take the lead off it and puts it on the counter. She walks over to me, standing in front of me.

"Thank you, Louis," she whispers. She cups my jaw and kisses me, my lips pressing to hers. "You've done a lot for me," she whispers and pulls away but I shake my head.

"Don't...don't say that," I shake my head.

"You have—" she goes to smile.

"No. I don't do enough for you," I shake my head. She bites her lip and flicks her eyes over mine. "I got you the dog because you can't even call or see anyone because of your seen with even my phone, you can get into so much trouble—"

"It's fine Louis, thank you so much for getting me a puppy," she smiles. I nod and smile softly.

"What are you making?" I ask, deciding to change the story.

"I dunno, anything I could find in the cupboard, we need to get stuff because we don't have much," she shrugs. I just nod, walking out to the house, to the car to get the bowl and the dog food.

When I walk back in, I put the dog food near the door and hold the green plastic bowl. I stare at her as she picks the puppy and shows it what she was doing like it would listen and know but it just starts to lick her cheeks. She snickers and giggles at it kisses her cheeks.

I stare at her and the dog which barks softly because of its small voice and she strokes it head. She smiles down at the dog and kisses it's soft head. I caught myself staring at her literally love this dog already.

And I smile at the thing I was looking at, like...I genuinely smile at it, and I didn't even realise that I was until I looked down and noticed my cheeks hurting. Why was London so happy to be here? Why hasn't she tried to escape again? Has she actually accepted this is her life now?

And why the fuck was I happy about that?

//
WOULD YOU SAY HE'S IN L-O-V-E??? ;)