19. The Broken Friendship

Start from the beginning

"Tell me what happened, please, I know something has happened last night, I guess you were there, I caught your scent and someone else was there but I didn't racognised him. Have I hurt you or someone?" pleaded Remus. 

"You didn't hurt me or anyone Remus, the door was closed, and I was on the other side so you must have smelled me." said James.

"And who was the other person, it wasn't Sirius or Peter I know, so who was it, because I remember getting all aggressive and losing my mind completely." 

"Snape, but he is okay." said James slowly.

"But how did he got inside?" asked Remus at that time the Hospital door opened, an old man came inside and locked the door behind him and then flicked his wand at the door.

"Morning students."

"Morning Professor." replied the three.

"So, James please tell the entire story for Remus and I, please?"asked Dumbledore and James told everything to them.

"Sirius, I can't believe." whispered Remus.

"Who all know about Remus' condition?" asked the Professor.

"I, Sirius, Peter, Lily, Mary, Marlene and now Snape" replied James.

"Very well. Now I would like all three of you to report my office by 9, if that's okay with you Remus?" 

"Yes Professor." and Dumbledore left.

---

The five students were sitting in the headmaster's office.

"I have heard all the sides of the last nights events from Snape, James, Sirus, Peter, Lily and Remus. It should have not happened. Sure it was Mr. Snape's mistake to follow Remus all around and then going in the Willow, but his foolishness was more due to curiosity . Sure he provoked you, Sirius , but it gives you no excuse to do what you did yesterday. You are the guilty one here, do you accept this?"

"Yes, professor. I am sorry" replied Sirius looking at his lap.     

"I talked to Mr. Snape last night and in the morning and he has sworn me not to tell anyone about you Remus, he will leave you alone." Remus nodded.

"Mr. Black, you should be thankful to Mr. Potter that he prevented the incident otherwise it would have ended really badly. Mr. Black, you could be expelled for this but I am not expelling you, but you are banned from the quidditch team for a lifetime and have detention for the rest of the term." said Dumbledore.  Sirius didn't speak anything and just nodded.

"That will be all, you may go now." said Dumbledore and they all left.

As they got out of the office, Sirius spoke. "I am sorry James that you have to get in danger, Snivellus got in my mind and I got really angry so I just played a prank to terrify him and...." but he was cut by James.

"I don't want to talk to you and dont apologize to me, apologize to Remus." he snapped and left.

"I will go and look after him." said Lily to the boys and left to follow James.

 "Remus, Snape provoked me and I just lost control . I realized later about the mistake, please forgive me." said Sirius.

"You still shouldn't have lost the control. I am going I have to rest, sorry." and with that Remus started walking to hospital wing, but was having difficulty as this time he didnt have the support of James . Sirius started to move to help him but Peter stopped him.

"I will help him and explain everything, don't worry Remus will understand." and Peter moved and put Remus hand around his shoulder to support him.