Chapter 73: Disappearance

(Y/N) looked around at the bodies that littered the cold desert sand without even a slight bit of care or remorse. This wasn't the first time he was responsible for the loss of life, and he was sure this wouldn't be the last. 

Even though the number of people that he had slayed directly were few and far between, whenever he completely removed one of the attackers Aura, they were left completely defenseless from the attacks from the defending Desert Jades. 

This directly resulted in the sight that he saw before him, bodies on top of bodies that were left behind after the attacking Desert Walkers realized that advancing further would be helpless.

Throughout the battle, the attacking Faunus were more than unlucky enough to be the unwilling test subjects of Fang's new weapon of choice, Agni-Aeolus. True to its description, the weapon was truly a godlike power, not that (Y/N) really had a godlike power to compare it to but still. 

In its spear form it was about what he expected from the weapon at a base level, extremely sharp at both ends, sturdy in its shaft, long range, incredibly handled, and borderline unstoppable when it came to piercing attacks of any kind. 

Once he thrusted the spear head forward with any variability of strength, there was nothing that the enemy could do to keep the spearhead from reaching their bodies.

However, this wasn't the most impressive portion of the spear version of the weapon, that would come from its amazing ability to control both the fire and wind attributes of the Dust that was used to create it. 

By funneling his mana through the Green Dust portions of the weapon, Agni-Aeolus was able to generate blades of wind that covered the blades of weapon similar to that of Byakko's Skill, and by doing the same to the Red Dust parts he was able to super heat the entire weapon as a whole. 

This making each of his attacks explode with ferocity whenever he pleased. 

Although it was impressive, he quickly learned that the effects of the Dust enhanced attacks were being limited greatly by the fact that he was using Mana instead of Aura.

Whenever he did these attacks essentially what is happening is his power becomes a catalyst for the Dust to create the elemental reaction, and because Mana is a foreign catalyst to Dust it, isn't nearly as effective. He could see it fairly easily in Skills as he often needed a lot more Mana than Aura to activate certain Skills and get the same effects. 

However, simply pouring more Mana into the weapon didn't grant him more effective Dust enhanced attacks, instead the effect simply lasted longer and was easier to maintain, so he quickly deduced that he actually needed to use his own Aura if he wanted to properly utilize his Dust weapons.

This fact was seen even more whenever he changed the weapon into the form that he favorited over the former, its chain mode. 

As the weapon's description suggested the secondary form of Agni-Aeolus had the former shaft of the spear break its spiral to change into a long chain of alternatingly linked Red and Green Dust links. 

The former spearhead then extended to form a circular Chakram made entirely from small spearhead like blades, each being created with a Red Dust base but having a blade made from its Green counterpart.

When fully extended the chain was about six feet long, even though while wielding it because of how well the weapon handled the chain actually felt like half of that, and the chakram of blades spun rapidly, spinning so fast in fact that to the untrained eye it looked as if each of the blades wasn't moving at all. 

While in Chain mode the Dust properties of Agni-Aeolus changed slightly, and it was because of this change that he was able to recognize the alternative effects that Mana had on his weapon of choice.