Chapter 42: At Last

(Y/N) heard the ding of the notification as he slowly fell asleep, Neo cuddled up closely to his naked chest, clinging to his warmth and comfort. As the family of lover's slept, Byakko and Lilith watched them as they slumbered, waiting for their master to wake back up. 

Lilith however got impatient, choosing to leave her position on Byakko's back and instead slithering back to her master's body, gliding silently across the floor, and atop the mounds of restful bodies to reach him. Byakko would have made an attempt to stop her, but she decided that Lilith was causing no harm anyway and that it is probably what her master would have wanted. 

Even without knowing statuses directly, Byakko could still easily tell that Lilith had not only gotten much, much larger than she was before, but she had also gained a ton of power as well, and having the pale snake get stronger is exactly what her master would've wanted her to do. 

So, Byakko simply watched over her master's number two, her younger sister as she coiled up behind her sleeping master and silently struck her long fangs into his neck, nurturing herself from her master's substance.

All the way across the world, the Aura clone was sitting comfortably in the cockpit, soaring high over the clouds, looking over the beautiful view that was the daylight sky. 

Next to him sat a gorgeous woman who held control of the flying machine, well, held control was a strong way of putting it, as she simply relaxed into her captains chair and stared into the day sky just as he did. 

The duo sat in a comfortable silence for a while, Winter was letting the nights information sink into her brain, and (Y/N) was simply taking in the amazing view, focusing on the events that were taking place back in his apartment, and thinking ahead about the plan that he was going to be executing. 

For a while the silence was comfortable, but now that she had finished her introspecting, sitting next to her now lover in complete silence was beginning to wear on her mental, so she simply attempted to start a conversation with the man. "It's quite a beautiful view, isn't it?"

 "It's quite a beautiful view, isn't it?"

"Yup, you are not wrong at all. Sitting back so high up, watching the sunlight clouds slowly pass by is truly something else. Honestly, it's almost as good as walking on the sky itself" he remarked.