Chapter 70: The Desert Kreeps

Zeb mounted his horse with minimal interest and quickly gave the animal the command to move towards his objective, listening as the mount took off and began pounding the pavement. He sat bareback on the animal comfortably, barely paying attention to his surroundings as the horse traveled as fast as it possibly could towards this so-called Khrish's Tribe. 

"Damn, I can't remember the last time I rode a horse" the Faunus man said to no one in particular. After paying attention to his surroundings for a moment he came to a conclusion that he already knew before hand, "horses are slow as fuck. No offense" he said to comfort the animal. 

"What an odd place," he said aloud as he looked at the seemingly infinite desert, "a place with black monsters n shit, but people still riding horses. Aint even got no high-tech vehicles."

This was one of the few thoughts that crossed his mind on the long trip to his designated location

This was one of the few thoughts that crossed his mind on the long trip to his designated location. The desert was massive and expansive but was emptier than he thought it'd be. 

Every once and a while he would spot a group of horses feeding on the deserts shrubbery or maybe even a wild horde of some odd lookin crabs that were massive in shape, but in an effort to remain on course he ignored the groups of animals that interested him slightly. 

Luckily for him, he eventually did run directly into a group of the massive crabs and after he brutally killed them all he quickly learned that they were actual animals and not the same as the black monsters he found in the world.

He even watched as the horse started drinking a black substance that leaked from their corpses, at first, he thought that it was blood, but after a quick taste test he found that it was just odd-looking water. 

Good enough for the horse good enough for him he supposed. 

However, this was the only interesting thing that occurred on the trip, so as night turned too day and the sun began beaming down on himself and his noble stead, the trip became treacherous.

Partially because of Zeb's size, the desert heat, and the amount of time that they had been traveling, his horse that he had taken to naming Sir Cheesington III -Cheese for short- suddenly collapsed while moving at full speed.