Chapter 2: Battle Of Wills

With a blade sharper than any on Earth pointed directly at his skull and a ferocious demon beast with its super-heated jaws aching to take a chunk out of him, (Y/N) put of a bright smile as his body flew through the blood-soaked air like a rifled bullet shot from a cannon. Beyond the glass in front of him was surely to be certain death, but in that moment all he could think of was cleaning that hideous smile off that Devils face and ending its life immediately after that. 

Survival was no longer the first thing on his mind nor was the Devil just another being after his and any other humans life, the Devil had become a personal obstacle that (Y/N) needed to overcome, a barrier that stopped him from moving forward, but also a force that drove him to greater heights of strength. The Devil had become his rival, his nemesis, and he was going to kill him.

The two sinisterly smiling beings exchanged one last look before (Y/N) curled up into a ball in the middle of the air as he launched himself through the glass, shattering the entirety of the structure on impact, sending shards of the sharp objects soaring in all directions. Glass quickly sliced through his clothing and skin, tearing his sleeves from his hoodie and creating deep gashes in his forearms and legs, but he completely ignored pain, instead focusing on the katana that was about to pierce his skull. 

However, moments before the blade reached him, (Y/N) intuitively managed to maneuver himself flat in mid-air, just barely sliding underneath the Devil's bade but still allowing it to cut a deep gash against his chest so he could continue all of his built-up speed, power, and momentum into a kick directly to the Devil's head.

(Y/N) waited till the last moment to extend his feet like he was doing an aerial dropkick, and, in that instant, two steaming hot rubber soles slammed into a metallic jaw with the force of all of (Y/N)'s will. The force of the kick crushed the Devil's blackened armored skin, crinkling, chipping, and destroying the Devils protected face in mere instants, but as the rest of the force connected with its body the sword demon was no longer able to stay on its mount. 

The Devil went rocketing through the air, flying far off its mount, uninterrupted by any concrete obstructions over the Olympic pool, and slamming a massive crater into the bloodied wall with its jaw hanging off its face by a thread of rotten flesh. Once the Devil's body slammed up against the bloodied wall, the sound boomed through the silent room, echoing endlessly of the walls while its body was stuck in the center of the crater of spider webs.

(Y/N)'s body continued to fly through the air, only coming to a stop after skipping across the water once and splashing into the deepest end of the massive blood red pool. He hit the water hard. All the sweet air and blissful energy that filled him before quickly dissipated from his body, however, he managed to stay conscious even amongst the pain that was brought back to his nerves, so with all the strength he could muster, he swam through the corpses of those that had already passed on to the surface. As he broke through the water tension, he took a large breath of blood scented air before immediately looking around for the Devil to see if he was out of commission while also looking for the Behemoth to ensure his own temporary safety.

What he saw was his former enemy plastered up against the wall, seemingly unconscious, and directly next to the Devil was the dragon-wolf, working to wake its master from the Devil's stupor. The current situation created a few different thoughts in (Y/N)'s mind as he slowly began swimming through the floating corpses towards the pool's wall closest to the parking garage. "Since the beast is sitting right next to the Devil, and I'm not in any condition for a fight, I can't kill either of them now which is unfortunate, but at the same time since their out of the picture for now I can easily escape." Quickly recalling the events that just passed, he thought, "I learned a lot from this and plus it looks like I got some new power of some kind that lets me enhance my own body, run faster, hit harder, and sense a helluva lot more shit. And I leaned that I could hurt and kill the Devil so if I give this ability a bit of practice and heal up, the next time we meet it'll be on more equal terms."