Chapter 1: Armageddon

As the suffocating stench of blood and guts clogged (Y/N)'s nostrils, he realized now was not the time for a slow and steady retreat, and the man immediately turned on his heels and sprinted out of the room, leaving the rest of his classmates to their fate. As he sprinted down the empty halls of the seventh floor it didn't take long for the second impact to hit, shaking the building even more than the previous attack. 

As the ground shook and rumbled from the event, (Y/N) lost his balance slightly, but his slow stumbling eventually returned to an all-out sprint, quickly making it to the emergency exit that was the stairs. He shot through the door without hesitation, quickly jumping down the stairs three at a time until he made it to the ground floor, but before he ran out of the G-Floor door, he thought, "the rain fell everywhere! What if there's more of those... things behind this door?!? Where the fuck do, I even go!?! Is anywhere safe? Am I just fucked?!?!" His rapid thoughts filled with negativity brought a sense of intense panic and angst to his body, and because of this his heart began beating out of his chest, sweat drenched every part of his body, and his hands shook with a nervous intensity that he never felt before.

In all truth, he was terrified, shaking with the fear of death plastered on his mind, but even amidst this panicked sensation something in his core forced him to calm down, brining rational thoughts to his sporadic mind. "Ok, ok, let's just take a moment to calm down. You can't make logic decisions if you're panicked" with that thought he began slowly taking in deep breaths, calming is heartrate and bringing steadiness to his hands. 

With his body and mind calm once more, he thought, "first lets peek out the door to see if there are any Demons present, and if not then we'll go back home to figure other shit out, but if there are then we'll come up with a different plan." With the quick plan created, his still slightly shaking hand reached for the push bar to open the door, gently, and silently, pushing the door open just a sliver to allow him to see what was happening outside.

The main area of the School was completely void of human life, instead the beings that stalked and crawled across the floor were anything but human. There features were indescribably inhuman, fleshy rotten demonic entities like spiders and zombies appearing with the faces of people, but clearly not having any human qualities. 

The Demons walked aimlessly around the floor, slamming themselves into walls, furniture, and other random objects as they looked for their next meal, and it was clear that they were looking for a meal as (Y/N) saw the dismembered chewed up corpses of the security guards by the entrance.

Luckily for him, the Demons had finished their security guard meals and were looking for bigger and better things, leaving the entrance to the building completely vacant, giving him an opportunity to exit. As he noticed his opportunity, he silently closed the door once more and came up with a quick plan of escape, "the southern exit of the building is by far the closest way to my apartment, and its clearly open so we'll sneak passed the Zombies to get to the doors. Once we're outside, there's no way of knowing what it'll be like, it could be desolate, it could be filled with hordes of beasts, either way it's a straight, open shot to the apartment. So, we'll just have to run and hope for the best." Once he completed creating his plan of escape, he said a silent prayer to no one in particular before slowly exiting the door and beginning his crouch walk towards the buildings southern exit.

He continued to take slow, quiet steps as he exited through the door, staying as oblivious of his surroundings as possible to avoid stopping for any reason, and his strategy worked perfectly. (Y/N) quickly went from the stairway door to the glass doors of the building, getting a fully detailed look at the corpses of the guards before he made his exit. The damage that had been done to each of them were different, some of their limbs were missing, faces were slashed asunder, and numerous other visceral injuries, but one thing remained the same with each of the corpses.