[Garmadon 1] Of Darkness

we interrupt this program to bring you family bonding

~

"Fire! Unlock fire! Uh, shoot flames?!"

You heard the voice of Kai and began making your way towards him. The others were looking for him, wondering where he had gone. You stopped beside a small door. Wu's personal room, a place where Wu stored his scrolls and important objects.

Like the Green Ninja suit.

Kai stood within the midst of the room, dressed within the Green Ninja suit.

"C'mon," Kai glared at his hands in frustration. "Everyone else can do it! You can't be the last one!"

"Kai...?"

Kai jolted and whipped around at the sound of your voice.

"(Y/n)!" Kai frantically glanced around before his eyes settled back on you. "H- How much did you see...?"

"Only a bit," You mentioned. "You... found the Green Ninja suit...?"

"Yeah..." Kai glanced down sheepishly. "I was... looking around for a clue from Sensei, see if I could find some way to help me reach my True Potential, but I found this, instead." He looked back to you. "I thought I'd try it on, see if something happened."

"You think you're the Green Ninja?"

"I don't know," Kai shrugged. "Maybe I am. It... seems like something amazing, to be able to face off against Garmadon and take him down, though if... Zane's dream has any truth to it..." Kai's voice trailed off as he lost the confidence to continue his thought.

You vaguely remembered the dream Zane had once had, how you had attempted to protect the Green Ninja from Garmadon and supposedly died in the process.

"But- But that doesn't matter," Kai shook his head. "If I'm the Green Ninja, I'll do everything to stop that from happening. I- I-..." Kai appeared conflicted and scared, but he shoved his fear aside. "I love you, (Y/n). I'd do anything to protect you. You're an amazing person and- and I'm really glad to have met you."

Your heart stopped, and the world stopped for a long moment. You didn't know what to feel. Someone you adored loved you back.

At the same time, though...

"...You should put the suit back," Your voice was barely audible. "Before Dad gets back."

"He's been gone a while..." Kai hesitantly replied. "We don't know when—..."

"(Y/n)?! Kai!" The voice of Jay echoed through the Bounty. "Sensei's back! Get out here!"

You turned at Jay's voice before glancing back towards Kai. He only stared at you in disbelief. You turned and left before Kai could speak, and you sped towards the Bounty's main entrance.

You left the Bounty and stopped for only a moment. You spotted Wu, and you rushed ahead. You pulled your father into a deep hug, even going as far as lifting him as you stood up tall.

"I've missed you, too, my child," Wu gave you a soft hug back. "It's so good to be back home..."

"We are so glad you're back!" Zane offered a quick nod.

"You bring anything back?" Cole jokingly asked.

"Sensei, Sensei!" Jay excitedly began. "You missed a whole lot while you were gone! Zane's a Nindroid, Nya's the mysterious Samurai, Cole's a super good dancer—"

Wu appeared surprised. "Zane is... a what?"

"You have been gone for a while," Zane mentioned. "We will catch you up later, but for now you should know that nearly all of us have unlocked our True Potentials."