[Bounty 2] Welcome to the Skies

i wrote this mostly on my phone let me know if there are any typos or accidental autocorrects

~

You were the first to reach the old jalopy. You sprinted to the vehicle's side and vaulted right into the back row of seats. Edna hopped in at the front, and Wu and Nya took the middle two seats. Ed quickly started the car, and the engine behind you roared to life.

"Seatbelts, everyone!" Ed called as he buckled himself in.

You very briefly watched the others put their seatbelts on before searching for your own. You found your seatbelt and pulled it over your body. It locked twice before you finally realised that you had to pull slowly. You clipped the belt in place, and the car immediately took off.

The car raced through the desert sand as fast as it could. It certainly wasn't as fast as the ninjas' vehicles, but it was at least making progress. You kept your eyes on the sky. Jay's jet whipped past the distant Serpentine helicopter before turning right around and passing it once more. Almost immediately, however, a great burst of light flashed in the sky, and the jet disappeared. Jay began to fall from the sky.

"Oh, hold on!" Ed shouted. The car sped faster than before. The engine behind you seemed to cough and struggle to keep up, and you had looked back and watched as light grey smoke began to fire from the engine's pipes.

The engine was starting to overheat.

You quickly turned your attention to the engine. You had to do something about it. You were the new Elemental Master of Wind. You should be able to find a way to keep the engine cooled for long enough, right? You turned as far as your seatbelt allowed you to and summoned your Element. The winds began to whirl around the engine in an attempt to cool it down, but it just wasn't enough. The air was too arid and dry to properly keep a cooling breeze.

You knew you had the ability to control the strength and direction of the wind, but what of its temperature? You had the Element of Wind. Surely, you could control its temperature. The seatbelt dug into the side of your neck as you turned even farther. You focused all that you could on the air around you.

The air was dry and hot. The sun beat down on the dusty sand and scorched the earth. You shut your eyes and brought your mind to the Forest of Tranquillity. You thought of the soft, cooling and fulfilling winds that accompanied you when you visited the Forest—when you visited Morro. You focused on that feeling as you thought of a way to bring it here.

The winds changed and carried an icy bite to them. You shivered at the rapid drop in temperature, but you kept pushing your focus. You couldn't stop because of your discomfort. You needed to keep everyone safe.

Ed slammed on the brakes of the vehicle. The seatbelt immediately locked as your body nearly flew out of its seat. You held back a choke as the vehicle slid to an eventual stop. Jay suddenly landed on the seat next to you, and you jumped in fright.

Jay sat up and adjusted himself in his seat. He buckled himself in as he shouted, "Nice catch, Dad!"

"Are you okay?!" You hysterically asked. A fall from that height would've killed you, yet Jay took it like it was nothing but a simple tumble.

"I'm fine!" Jay exclaimed. He leaned forward in his seat. "Let's get out of here!"

The jalopy floored it again, and you hastily returned your attention to the engine. Your mind was scattered, though you were able to keep enough focus to cool the air around the engine. It didn't hold the same chilling sting as before, but it was still substantially colder than the desert air.

The other ninja hopped on the jalopy as it cruised by. You tried to keep your focus on your Element, but the world was starting to feel too cold. The faded green scales began to trail up your arm and reach your shoulder, and it felt as if your blood was starting to freeze as you commanded the winds to keep the engine cool.