[Ninja 2] Zane, Master of Ice

Only three days had passed, and Jay seemed to be getting better.

Sure, he couldn't complete the course without getting thrown off, but he was getting further than ever before.

Besides his tests, you've been training with Jay. You had taught him how to use a plethora of different weapons, and he seemed to enjoy using the nunchucks (of course, only after he learned to not hit himself in the face).

The job of cooking was split between the two of you, too. Jay was pretty good at cooking, you had to admit. He knew how to follow cooking instructions like you, though he occasionally added a bit more spice or seasoning to meals to make them much more enjoyable.

As long as he doesn't add too much on accident.

Once Jay had failed his test for the day, Wu seemingly disappeared. You didn't think too much of it until Jay asked.

"Hey, is he gonna bring someone back?"

You had to stop your abuse on the punching bag to think. "Maybe? Last time he left, he brought you back."

"Ooh, I wonder who it'll be!" Jay exclaimed. "Maybe someone who also likes inventing! Or maybe someone who knows how to write stories!"

You had a smile when you returned to practicing your fighting. Jay ran through the course again and again, though he soon went to the monastery and dropped onto the deck to take a break. You went inside and brought back a bottle of water for the Ninjagoan, which he thankfully accepted.

You went back to the course and hopped onto one of the carousels. You kicked a wooden dummy out of the way before slipping right past. You spun around and stuck one of your kunai into the dummy's back. Of course, the dull blade didn't stick all that well, so you pulled back before continuing with the course.

The monastery's doors opened, and you immediately jumped off the carousel and glanced to the entrance. Wu was back yet again with another new face.

The new Ninjagoan had light, blond hair styled upwards, with the top being completely flat. All he wore was a blank, white shirt and matching pants. He looked around the area with curiosity before his eyes landed on you.

"Hey, I called it!" Jay exclaimed from the monastery's deck. He quickly got up and went to join you as Wu and the newcomer approached you.

You held up a hand. "Hello."

"Greetings," The Ninjagoan replied.

"Zane, this is (Y/n) and Jay," Wu introduced. "This is Zane."

"Great to meet you!" Jay exclaimed. "I'm Jay, and this is (Y/n)!"

"Father already introduced us," You mentioned.

"Oh, uh," Jay laughed, "right, yeah."

"It is quite nice to meet the both of you," Zane formally stated. "I do hope we become good friends."

Jay looked surprised for a moment. "Woah, uh, you're pretty formal, huh?"

"Nice to meet you, too," You offered a kind smile, hiding your slight worries. Would Zane use a lot of unknown words when speaking to you?

Maybe you'll just have to learn Ninjagoan faster.

"What are we doing here, Sensei?" Zane turned to Wu.

"This is where you will train to find your true self," Wu responded. "(Y/n) and Jay can show you how to complete the course. Once they have, we shall begin your testing."

"Wait, hold on, Sensei," Jay quickly intervened. "I haven't completed the test yet! You brought someone else to also test?"

"Perhaps it could be a team effort," Sensei offered a small smile. "You could help one another meet your goals."