[True Potential 2] The Doubtful

"Your cooking's getting better, Cole."

"I am certainly proud of you."

"Hey, what can I say," Cole bashfully stated as he offered a shrug, "I try."

Jay let out a small, nervous laugh. "And all it took was making (Y/n) sick for you to get better."

"Jay!" You exclaimed, and the blue ninja flushed red. "Don't be mean. Besides, we all start somewhere." You held a smile. "I made myself sick the first time I tried to cook."

"Really?" Cole turned your way, astonished. "But you're great at cooking!"

"I wasn't before," You shrugged, "but I kept trying, and now I'm doing good."

"Well, once we're done with breakfast," Nya began, "I got something to show you guys in the Bridge!" She beamed with excitement. "People made a huge discovery, recently, and I need to share it with you guys!"

"Whatever you say, sis," Kai mentioned. "Sure it'll be a blast."

You gratefully finished your morning meal alongside the others. Cole has been doing his best in cooking, and though he only followed a cookbook's instructions, it was still great progress. You thanked him and went to wash your dish, though Jay had butted in and taken your plate for you.

Jay seemed nervous about it, though, which caught you off guard, but you dismissed your worry and thanked him anyways.

Nya was first to leave the dining room, and she impatiently went right to the Bridge. You had quickly followed after her. The other four ninja had seemingly went off to get something. You didn't know what.

You stepped into the Bridge and stopped. A skeleton sat on a small, old table to the side of the room. A Serpentine, if you had to guess by the large fangs it held. It only had its ribcage and skull, however. A larger table was set up before it with six chairs, and some paper and pencils sat upon the table for use.

You hesitantly moved to the large table in the Bridge and sat down. "What...?" You quietly asked.

"This is part of what I wanted to show you guys," Nya said. "I'll better explain it when everyone's here, but there's supposedly a way to cure a Fangpyre bite without using the antivenom!"

You stared at Nya in bewilderment. "Really?"

Nya nodded. "It's why I'm pretty excited! It could mean being able to find a cure for the other Serpentine's venoms!"

Three of the other ninja eventually arrived and soon sat down at the large table. Jay was nowhere in sight. You were about to ask where the blue ninja was, but he soon entered the Bridge.

You glanced at Jay curiously. He had styled his hair a fair bit differently. While it usually was combed to the side, it seemed to have been curled at its edges and was brushed a bit upwards to give his hair a "fuller" appearance.

Jay moved to sit beside you at the large table. You could smell a very light hint of flowers.

"Okay, now that we're all here," Nya moved to the large computer, and from the counter she retrieved a pen. "I wanna share with you guys this. Some archaeologists unearthed an ancient skeleton of a Fangpyre, and after a whole lot of studying, I think I've discovered a way to reverse the effects of a Fangpyre's bite without needing the antivenom."

You hesitantly reached for a paper and a pencil. In your original language, you began scribbling down some notes. You only understood about half of what Nya had said, though you got the main point. "People found very old Fangpyre skeleton, Nya did some studying, and now she knows how to cure bite without cure."